Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Today at the supermarket.

It was quite busy, and the queues at the checkouts were quite long. So I'm standing in one minding my own business when one of the staff came up to me and asked if I'd like to use the baskets only queue instead?

"But I've got a trolley" I protested

"Doesn't matter" she said. "Dave will serve you anyway"

So I trundled over to the basket only queue. And it took **** ages because the logistics of the basket only till can't handle a trolley. No conveyer belt, no big run off area, nowhere for the trolley to sit while you're packing.

And of course, as soon as the guy starts scanning my shopping, 2 people appear behind me with baskets, tutting and shaking their heads at the moron who's using the basket only queue even though he has a trolley.

I'd like to think that somewhere on another internet forum, in their version of "Things that piss you off..." tread, someone is moaning about the word removed in the supermarket, who went through the baskets only checkout with a trolley.

That's usually me. If Stevo had been in front of me he would have been getting some nasty glares and thoughts from me. Of course i'd never say anything, i'd just come home and vent my spleen on a football forum

Not sure if it's a northern thing, but it really annoys me when people start a sentence with, "As if", when they are conveying surprise that something has just happened. 

"As if that just happened."

"As if I just shit my pants."

"As if someone just punched me in the face, for starting sentences with as if."

Edited by dAVe80

Not sure if it's a northern thing, but it really annoys me when people start a sentence with, "As if", when they are conveying surprise that something has just happened. 

"As if that just happened."

"As if I just shit my pants."

"As if someone just punched me in the face, for starting sentences with as if."

It's not a northern thing, it's a stupid person thing.

• Like 2

Being told what to do by female managers.

not sure if serious...

Ok it's just one, and more being talked down too. The question is would it wind me up as much if it was a guy?

Join NO MA'AM - National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood.

nomaam2.jpg

Being dictated to by the rules of a made up fairytale on when I can go shopping.

"You cannot go to buy food today or do anything on your rare day off, you must stay at home & be spiritual & stuff".

I look forward to a time where religion doesn't dictate the lives of those who don't believe in such idiotic bollocks.

Today is just a Sunday to me, if I want to go to tesco's then I should be able to.

Stupid religion. Just **** off.

• Like 2

Being dictated to by the rules of a made up fairytale on when I can go shopping.

"You cannot go to buy food today or do anything on your rare day off, you must stay at home & be spiritual & stuff".

I look forward to a time where religion doesn't dictate the lives of those who don't believe in such idiotic bollocks.

Today is just a Sunday to me, if I want to go to tesco's then I should be able to.

Stupid religion. Just **** off.

Are you just annoyed because you forgot to buy food yesterday?  :)

I assume you worked on Friday and will be working tomorrow in protest? And over Christmas? I'm not religious, far from it, but I enjoy the time off it gives me. 

Id completrly forgot that national obesity day meant I couldnt go anywhere. I work shifts, I've worked the last 2 Christmas's, I work most bank holidays. Such is the nature of health care in 24/7 mental health.

I think my reply read a bit angrily but I didn't mean it too much :P

I don't begrudge anyone a day off or chance to be at home with family but why can't I go to the shops just because of outdated religious/trading laws?

Edited by Ingram85

Â