Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Having a day's holiday at my workplace.

I've got Friday and Monday off coming up.. great, except that i'll probably have to cover those 16 hours i'm off by working late before and after the holiday to cover my own work as everyone is so stretched at work. Then i'll probably spend those days worrying about work and whether everything is ok! 

Just take this weekend for example. About half way through last weekend it was predicted to be lovely and circa 18degC which they got bang on.

They probably predicted 18C, there are no degrees. And seeing as it's this thread; it's Celsius, not centigrade.

that mind the gap program on BBC, decent program until the inevitable happened...

"manchester should be the UKs 2nd city because it has this great hub in Salford Quay that Birmingham doesnt..."

that would be media city, the one that you built....

no BBC bias :lol:

• Like 3

that mind the gap program on BBC, decent program until the inevitable happened...

"manchester should be the UKs 2nd city because it has this great hub in Salford Quay that Birmingham doesnt..."

Unfortunately I know enough born and bread brummies who agree.

Asda are now selling 'vine ripened' grapes.....what next, 'tree grown' apples!

Where else would they ripen?...can they be picked and then ripened under artificial conditions?

Or ripened in the bowl when u get em home?

Pan fried onions?!!!...have u ever fried onions anywhere other than a pan?

Where else would they ripen?...can they be picked and then ripened under artificial conditions?

Or ripened in the bowl when u get em home?

Pan fried onions?!!!...have u ever fried onions anywhere other than a pan?

Yes.

...can they be picked and then ripened under artificial conditions?

Yes.

When tropical fruit are picked they ain't ripe, but are loaded into refrigerated containers and shipped to the UK, then they ripen on the shelves.

Yes and Yes. Manchester get Media City, Commonwealth games. Birmingham get Pebble Mill closure, a non backed Olympic bid,  and not even the UK capital of culture which went to Londonderry/Derry. Birmingham is nearly twice the size of Manchester. The greater urban areas are similar though. Should be called Greater Birmingham like Greater Manchester. West Midlands is too vague.

...can they be picked and then ripened under artificial conditions?

Yes.

When tropical fruit are picked they ain't ripe, but are loaded into refrigerated containers and shipped to the UK, then they ripen on the shelves.

So the 'vine ripened' ones have to be shipped over a lot quicker then otherwise they would go off sooner?...or are they flown over?...perhaps that's why they're dearer.

Grapes ain't tropical neither.

Load of bullshot

Â