Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Asda are now selling 'vine ripened' grapes.....what next, 'tree grown' apples!

Where else would they ripen?...can they be picked and then ripened under artificial conditions?

Or ripened in the bowl when u get em home?

Pan fried onions?!!!...have u ever fried onions anywhere other than a pan?

Sorry Rimmy, I reported a few weeks back that I bought a pack of 4 'tree ripened' apples from M&S.

Asda are now selling 'vine ripened' grapes.....what next, 'tree grown' apples!

Where else would they ripen?...can they be picked and then ripened under artificial conditions?

Or ripened in the bowl when u get em home?

Pan fried onions?!!!...have u ever fried onions anywhere other than a pan?

Sorry Rimmy, I reported a few weeks back that I bought a pack of 4 'tree ripened' apples from M&S.

I used to be In the meat trade, 21 day matured steak is steak that u haven't sold quick enough.

Although it is tastier, it's just another bullshit story to get u to spend

that mind the gap program on BBC, decent program until the inevitable happened...

"manchester should be the UKs 2nd city because it has this great hub in Salford Quay that Birmingham doesnt..."

that would be media city, the one that you built....

no BBC bias :lol:

Yes and Yes. Manchester get Media City, Commonwealth games. Birmingham get Pebble Mill closure, a non backed Olympic bid,  and not even the UK capital of culture which went to Londonderry/Derry. Birmingham is nearly twice the size of Manchester. The greater urban areas are similar though. Should be called Greater Birmingham like Greater Manchester. West Midlands is too vague.

They are actually considering this, was on the radio yesterday.

I only found out a few weeks ago that raisons and sultanas are dried grapes

happened to me when i was about 20

unfortunately i was in a meeting with a rep from whitworths at the time...

he gave me this - 

193796.jpg?v=2

and the picture on the front confused me, safe to say i was a bit embarrassed

that mind the gap program on BBC, decent program until the inevitable happened...

"manchester should be the UKs 2nd city because it has this great hub in Salford Quay that Birmingham doesnt..."

Yes and Yes. Manchester get Media City, Commonwealth games. Birmingham get Pebble Mill closure, a non backed Olympic bid,  and not even the UK capital of culture which went to Londonderry/Derry. Birmingham is nearly twice the size of Manchester. The greater urban areas are similar though. Should be called Greater Birmingham like Greater Manchester. West Midlands is too vague.

All the douche bags in the Black Country etc. would kick up a right fuss.  This is a massive reason why Brum suffers so much, the attitude of the people local to it.  There was a big discussion on the people of Sutton Coldfield the other day, not wanting to be part of the city.

Yes and Yes. Manchester get Media City, Commonwealth games. Birmingham get Pebble Mill closure, a non backed Olympic bid, and not even the UK capital of culture which went to Londonderry/Derry. Birmingham is nearly twice the size of Manchester. The greater urban areas are similar though. Should be called Greater Birmingham like Greater Manchester. West Midlands is too vague.

All the douche bags in the Black Country etc. would kick up a right fuss. This is a massive reason why Brum suffers so much, the attitude of the people local to it. There was a big discussion on the people of Sutton Coldfield the other day, not wanting to be part of the city.

Too right....I ay no brummy :-)

Do people from Oldham, Bolton etc, react that way to Manchester I wonder?

I'm only being silly!

Wouldn't bother me to be honest. I think the bigger issue is the people from birmingham thinking we're not the second city!

We should be more proud of our city rather than running it down.

Do people from Oldham, Bolton etc, react that way to Manchester I wonder?

I'm only being silly!

Wouldn't bother me to be honest. I think the bigger issue is the people from birmingham thinking we're not the second city!

We should be more proud of our city rather than running it down.

I know yeah I'm just generally interested how people in Manc's fringe towns feel.

Yep, Brummie locals need to stop being so miserable, we've got a bronze bull for gods sake!

I'm a south brummie lad but spent time in hall green and now living in Oldbury. Can't stand the city centre, I shop at merry hill or locally to home or work (kings heath/Moseley). But I'm still proud of the city's heritage and history and I'd stand up for it against some inbred, apelike, wonky walking hairy manc word removed.

and clearly onto the lens too!

it's not really that foggy in the office

mmmm, all gone now, except the two that fell to the floor and disappeared, doubtless a few days from now they'll be rediscovered and somebody will think we've got rats or rabbits

All the douche bags in the Black Country etc. would kick up a right fuss.  This is a massive reason why Brum suffers so much, the attitude of the people local to it.  There was a big discussion on the people of Sutton Coldfield the other day, not wanting to be part of the city.

thats basically what the program last night went on to say, that cities thrive if you can create a hub and the bigger you are the bigger you'll get, whereas Brum isnt interested in that, they highlighted west brom and sugegsted spending money there was a waste of time, said that parts of the north merging to form a super city would be the only way to stop london being so dominant

the labour MP from stoke got interviewed a couple of times about it, spoke a lot of sense, about london getting a new £35m bridge covered in trees and that HS2 will start in london and build its way out rather than the other way round

Â