Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

There is so much that could have gone wrong with that story I'm afraid Shaggy. Stopping auction early, not going through paypal. 4 feedback. You are a very very trusting soul.

I've never brought or sold anything on eBay. All I ever seem to hear is stories of shit that goes wrong. I'm sure 99% of the time it's fine, but I just don't want to take the risk. I'd rather pay a little bit extra for piece of mind. Plus if someone is selling something that cost £100 for £10, then there's almost certainly a horrible catch.

• Like 1

There is so much that could have gone wrong with that story I'm afraid Shaggy. Stopping auction early, not going through paypal. 4 feedback. You are a very very trusting soul.

No just a complete idiot.

I've never brought or sold anything on eBay. All I ever seem to hear is stories of shit that goes wrong. I'm sure 99% of the time it's fine, but I just don't want to take the risk. I'd rather pay a little bit extra for piece of mind. Plus if someone is selling something that cost £100 for £10, then there's almost certainly a horrible catch.

Paypal is a must on eBay. I use it all the time, and if someone tries to fleece you Paypal always give you a refund (as long as it's within 45 days I think)

Whenever/wherever you get the option to pay through PayPal, be it through eBay or any other website that offers it, you should.  Their default stance on any disputed transaction raised as a case and escalated within 45 days of purchase is to side with the buyer, so as long as you ensure you raise and escalate within that timeframe you're well protected.

Also some basic tenets of safe online/eBay shopping; if you're desperate enough to pay for an auction outside of eBay, you can (and should) still use PayPal, plus I would never pay for anything via bank transfer that wasn't from an actual bricks-and-mortar business, not ever.  Credit Card maybe, at least then you can do a chargeback but it's still easier and safer to use PayPal's protection.

You have my sympathies shaggy, but you're a victim of your own naivety I'm afraid.

• Like 2

Also PayPal can be a nightmare for legitimate sellers in the event of disputes.  If a dodgy buyer's hell-bent on screwing you out of money, there's not much you can do.

• Like 1

yeah and me, i blame this interview

started watching a few interviews with him on youtube, saw him do one with a new york (?) DJ called sway, RB was explaining his tour, talking about the likes of jesus and ghandi etc

"what about kanye"

not sure how brand kept it together tbh

I've never really got the Band hate. I've always found him to be a funny comedian, and an intelligent, likeable guy. His views on voting are pretty ridiculous, but that's for another thread. 

Â