Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

It doens't piss me off, but the thing that appears on the top right of the TV saying 'press red button' pisses some people off. Well it is a nusiance.

I've mentioned this in this thread a few times.

It REALLY pisses me off.

I don't understand why it has to be there? Everybody knows there is a red button and you can press it.

I can understand it if they're specifically showing something on it. Like if you turn on BBC and the red button is up and says "Snooker". That's fine, its telling you the snooker is on the red button if you're looking for it .

But when its just there, all the time, like on sky sports its just annoying.

And more annoying that you can get rid of it, but it just comes back after about 5 minutes.

Argh!!!!

You can set it to disappear after a certain amount of time. It only comes back if you change the channel.

May have been done before

ticketmaster, ticket web etc, basically any company that flogs tickets to gigs, just brought 2 tickets for a gig in may, at £15 each, but oh, look, there's a £2.50 booking fee for EACH ticket, so there's an extra fiver, then, they have the nerve to say "print your tickets at home, for just £2.50"

are they **** serious here? £2.50 to generate an email for you to print, on top of the £5 'booking fee'. Is this sort of thing regulated? How is this robbery legal?

• Like 2

ticketmaster, ticket web etc, basically any company that flogs tickets to gigs, just brought 2 tickets for a gig in may, at £15 each, but oh, look, there's a £2.50 booking fee for EACH ticket, so there's an extra fiver, then, they have the nerve to say "print your tickets at home, for just £2.50"

are they **** serious here? £2.50 to generate an email for you to print, on top of the £5 'booking fee'. Is this sort of thing regulated? How is this robbery legal?

Couldn't agree more. It's absolute bollocks how they get away with it. Where ever possible, I buy direct from the venue. If you can buy in person, you also save on postage. Not the most convenient granted, but it stops you having to pay the robbing bastards as much.

• Like 2

It doens't piss me off, but the thing that appears on the top right of the TV saying 'press red button' pisses some people off. Well it is a nusiance.

It REALLY pisses me off.

I don't understand why it has to be there? Everybody knows there is a red button and you can press it.

I can understand it if they're specifically showing something on it. Like if you turn on BBC and the red button is up and says "Snooker". That's fine, its telling you the snooker is on the red button if you're looking for it .

And more annoying that you can get rid of it, but it just comes back after about 5 minutes.

Argh!!!!

You can set it to disappear after a certain amount of time. It only comes back if you change the channel.

It also disappears if you press 'back up' doesn't it?

It REALLY pisses me off.

Argh!!!!

It also disappears if you press 'back up' doesn't it?
it disappears if you press back up, or set it to disappear. But it reappears at every opportunity. "Unless you change the channel" isn't correct. People like sky sports make it reappear all the time

"You do not have enough permission to create a new topic in this forum".

Erm, can I have some more permission please?

Any particular forum?

It was the main forum but seems to be okay now :)

Couldn't agree more. It's absolute bollocks how they get away with it. Where ever possible, I buy direct from the venue. If you can buy in person, you also save on postage. Not the most convenient granted, but it stops you having to pay the robbing bastards as much.

agreed here too

but there's a way around it

go to local gigs and buy the tickets from local shops (I know, I know, local shops for local people), it keeps the money in the loop and doesn't bleed it all off to the hangers on and glorified touts with web pages

• Like 2

"Okay, I can't fly or shoot lasers out of my eyes, but I'd like to see Superman offer you a year's free insurance, four year warranty and a free test drive in an R8."

I've had an itchy and sore left eye for the past week.  I put it down to me being under the weather and not sleeping well.

Tonight, I'm feeling tired with both eyes sore.  Whilst having a wash I noticed a thick white film starting to creep towards the centre of both eyes (not whilst washing for the cunning of you).  Conjunctivitis? I bloody hope so. It's more irritating than anything and I'm hoping that a good night sleep will make things better but my eyesight is distinctly blurred and I'm slightly worried :(

Â