Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

There's cabbage and cabbage. Finely shredded savoy is quite nice, spring greens pure vomit. But I love both sprouts and mushrooms. Chicken/mushroom pie is lovely.

People who rant about weather forecasters "NEVER getting it right"

"They're always wrong!!"

They're not though, are they?

Depends if its more than a three day forecast, they start to lose their accuracy then.

"They're always wrong!!"

Depends if its more than a three day forecast, they start to lose their accuracy then.

Don't worry there is no hurricane .....

Go to buy Froch vs. Groves tickets, rush out my lecture to secure a bang on 12.00 refresh, time it right and am through. Secured some lovely seats on Row 15 of the 80£ bracket, chuffed. Fill in all my details inc. bank and address etc., click next and assume we're done. Oh no, HSBC verify. ok, that's fine - it's my card so I have nothing to hide. Put in my details, they're correct - SERVICE UNAVAILABLE! What! 'Please return to the event page' - I return and only the shite tickets left. Fuming.

"They're always wrong!!"

Usually the example that gets touted to prove they never get it right!

Nearly 30 years ago now...

Sorry for going "On Topic", but I just rang up to buy tickets for the Fulham game, and the bloke asks me if I want Chelsea tickets. I tell him I can't make it. He sells me my tickets, and asks me again if I want Chelsea tickets. I tell him again, I can't make it, and if I could, I'd already have tickets. Put the phone down, 5 mins later I get a text asking me if I want Chelsea tickets. I understand it's part of their job, but if I could be there, I would be. I'd have a season ticket, if I could get to every game. Aggressive sales makes me incline not to buy anything. If it wasn't the Villa, I'd stop using their services.   

"They're always wrong!!"

:D ....its generally accepted that Ireland and the UK are notoriously hard to predict

"They're always wrong!!"

:D ....its generally accepted that Ireland and the UK are notoriously hard to predict

Then the forcasters should get far more credit for getting it right the majority of the time.

Just take this weekend for example. About half way through last weekend it was predicted to be lovely and circa 18degC which they got bang on.

Exactly. It's just one of those things.

People don't notice a forecaster getting it right. They only notice when it's wrong.

Like people who declare "what a coincidence, just as I was checking my phone, a message came through!!!!"

Â