Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I've never really got the Band hate. I've always found him to be a funny comedian, and an intelligent, likeable guy. His views on voting are pretty ridiculous, but that's for another thread. 

pretty much exactly the same, he swings a bit too far to the left for me, he talks a lot of sense about politics and then ruins it

I can't stand him at all.  Everything about him turns my stomach. Fake intellectuals like Stephen Fry are bad enough, but it's somehow even more irritating when people like Brand appear with Jeremy Paxman thinking that dropping the word 'paradigm' into every other sentence makes them the voice of a generation.

• Like 4

Hopefully though you will get some address, can you recall any details, the persons user name/location, potentially any email address. Lets track this swine down.

I have emailed Ebay for his address. He has already purchased on Ebay from a mobile company who have left him positive feedback. He would have used a card to make payment. I also have his account number which he gave me to make payment which was an account with the Halifax so the Police should be able to get his address from his account details but he may have used a fake address? I also have all messages in my Ebay messages account showing the agreed sale but to tell you the truth I'm just not confident at all that I'll see my money again. I suppose it serves me right for trusting anyone and I've actually felt physically sick all day. Just feel my very soul has been raped. No matter. The thing is to put it down to experience and not make the same mistake again which I won't.

A big thank you for the concern.

Whenever/wherever you get the option to pay through PayPal, be it through eBay or any other website that offers it, you should.  Their default stance on any disputed transaction raised as a case and escalated within 45 days of purchase is to side with the buyer, so as long as you ensure you raise and escalate within that timeframe you're well protected.

Also some basic tenets of safe online/eBay shopping; if you're desperate enough to pay for an auction outside of eBay, you can (and should) still use PayPal, plus I would never pay for anything via bank transfer that wasn't from an actual bricks-and-mortar business, not ever.  Credit Card maybe, at least then you can do a chargeback but it's still easier and safer to use PayPal's protection.

You have my sympathies shaggy, but you're a victim of your own naivety I'm afraid.

Yes Gareth you are right it is my own fault and I'm learning its a big bad world out there. I often wonder who are the real animals. Just feel like a real clearing in the woods but there are people far worse of than I.

That's ok Scooby's mate. Chin up kidda.

You'll get your money back too and hopefully catch the scrote. It does make me sad sometimes, the way the world is. It's societies fault that people like him exist, but we can fight for change if we choose to.

Overheard flat mate slagging me off. Came home unexpected as she thought I had moved out. Heard her bitching about me to another old flatmate on the phone. The awkwardness when she realised I had heard her was funny. But hey that's life, the earth keeps turning.

Hopefully though you will get some address, can you recall any details, the persons user name/location, potentially any email address. Lets track this swine down.

I have emailed Ebay for his address. He has already purchased on Ebay from a mobile company who have left him positive feedback. He would have used a card to make payment. I also have his account number which he gave me to make payment which was an account with the Halifax so the Police should be able to get his address from his account details but he may have used a fake address? I also have all messages in my Ebay messages account showing the agreed sale but to tell you the truth I'm just not confident at all that I'll see my money again. I suppose it serves me right for trusting anyone and I've actually felt physically sick all day. Just feel my very soul has been raped. No matter. The thing is to put it down to experience and not make the same mistake again which I won't.

A big thank you for the concern.

Sorry, but ebay will not give you this information. Take it to the police and let them ask ebay.

• Like 1

There was a fully grown middle aged man in the motorway services today in full Chelsea kit and a Chelsea jacket over the top and matching blue and white trainers.

But it was better than that, he was stood in the entrance to M&S, finger on ear talking loudly into his hands free.

......but my heffing camera on the phone just refused to work.

• Like 1

I've never brought or sold anything on eBay. All I ever seem to hear is stories of shit that goes wrong. I'm sure 99% of the time it's fine, but I just don't want to take the risk. I'd rather pay a little bit extra for piece of mind. Plus if someone is selling something that cost £100 for £10, then there's almost certainly a horrible catch.

Never been on e-bay, I wouldn't know what the page layout looked like to be honest.

Similarly, I've never been on facebook and wouldn't know what that looks like, other than the little bit of a hint you get when you click on an FB link from twitter.

oh, and whilst I'm at it I've never been on Instagram (if you can indeed go 'on' instagram)

I've seen the amazon layout, though I've never bought anything from there (my missus however, causes their shares to dip if she leaves her Kindle to charge for an hour).

There was a fully grown middle aged man in the motorway services today in full Chelsea kit and a Chelsea jacket over the top and matching blue and white trainers.

But it was better than that, he was stood in the entrance to M&S, finger on ear talking loudly into his hands free.

......but my heffing camera on the phone just refused to work.

Was he trying to get into other people's photos?

Kept grabbing people's cups of Costa and running around with them held above his head.

• Like 3

how can anyones application be turned down when they have 17 different versions of it a year?

and just when they have a break from it that put that bloody bake off show on

and is it me or are them pair off that bake off on everything? who the **** is that old woman?

Â