Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

There is a handsome wage NV & then there is £14.4 million a year for kicking a ball.

That's very true.  I think sometimes in my own head I struggle to justify earning more than healthcare professionals and firefighters etc.  I guess if you're generating cash it helps support the notion of earning it too.

Footballers though.  It's another level altogether.

That some bald ugly scouse word removed is getting paid £14.4million a year for playing kick and chase while I get £19k to help vulnerable people with mental health issues re-adjust to life in our society while dealing with my own mental health. **** hate the way the world works, its just not fair at all.

Start a revolution. I'll join.

Ok just before I sign off for the night I want to check if I am right to be a little pissed off with this (no rant just a genuine question)

My mate is 30 in September and is looking at going to Prague for it, I have already chatted briefly with him and said that I doubt if I can afford any shit like that because I just can't pull together the money required.

I get a text from his brother today saying it would cost £650 in total and I reply saying. There is no chance I can save that money plus the money I would need to get a passport because I barely break even at the end of a month and I am doing everything I can at the moment to clear my credit card debt.

He replies saying "we want you to come so I will pay for your passport and you can just pay me back when you can"

Now I understand that he didn't intend to piss me off but he earns a lot more money than me and it feels like he is trivialising the debt that I am already in, plus the £80 passport is pretty much a drop in the ocean when I still need to pull together £650

I just didn't reply to the last text because I didn't feel the need to justify the fact that £650 is a **** load of money to me especially when at the moment approximately £150/200 a month is going on my credit card.

He knows how hard I am working to clear some of my debts but then makes a throw away comment like that as if it's nothing, I don't give a **** if it's my mates birthday, I haven't spent the last 12 months sorting myself out financially to go and put another £700 on my credit card.

Ok just before I sign off for the night I want to check if I am right to be a little pissed off with this (no rant just a genuine question)

My mate is 30 in September and is looking at going to Prague for it, I have already chatted briefly with him and said that I doubt if I can afford any shit like that because I just can't pull together the money required.

I get a text from his brother today saying it would cost £650 in total and I reply saying. There is no chance I can save that money plus the money I would need to get a passport because I barely break even at the end of a month and I am doing everything I can at the moment to clear my credit card debt.

He replies saying "we want you to come so I will pay for your passport and you can just pay me back when you can"

Now I understand that he didn't intend to piss me off but he earns a lot more money than me and it feels like he is trivialising the debt that I am already in, plus the £80 passport is pretty much a drop in the ocean when I still need to pull together £650

I just didn't reply to the last text because I didn't feel the need to justify the fact that £650 is a **** load of money to me especially when at the moment approximately £150/200 a month is going on my credit card.

He knows how hard I am working to clear some of my debts but then makes a throw away comment like that as if it's nothing, I don't give a **** if it's my mates birthday, I haven't spent the last 12 months sorting myself out financially to go and put another £700 on my credit card.

Yeah that is a bit unrealistic Lee. I have foregone trips like this for the same reason. Don't bankrupt yourself mate and stick to your guns. Ask him to pay for your trip rather than passport and you'll reconsider ;-)

I don't think you should be pissed off, he's not got access to your accounts and you did say "plus the money I would need to save for the passport". He's obviously seen that as some kind of kicker for you.

It's a nice gesture. It's irrelevant what he earns really, he was willing to pay for your company. Say thanks for the offer but explain that it's the £650 that's the real problem.

To be honest he doesn't have access to my accounts but just last week we were talking and I explained in detail how much I owe and how much I am paying monthly.

It's not so much that I am pissed off it's more of a case that it's annoying that I am going to have to explain and justify things that I have already gone through

I just need to post this again on the subject of moo*****

1dhe.png

That is utterly, totally and completely brilliant. The "I'm Feeling Old" bit especially.

Was it just me who read " I'm feeling old " in Abe Simpsons voice ?

Yeah that is a bit unrealistic Lee. I have foregone trips like this for the same reason. Don't bankrupt yourself mate and stick to your guns. Ask him to pay for your trip rather than passport and you'll reconsider ;-)

Tell him you'll go on a local piss up to celebrate his birthday. If any of my friends are having a stag weekend/birthday abroad they usually also arrange a local night out as an option for people who are skint or too busy. Not everyone can drop £500+ on a weekend. One friend wanted to go to Moscow for his stag and we persuaded him to be a bit more reasonable, as good as Moscow would've been.

1dhe.png

That is utterly, totally and completely brilliant.  The "I'm Feeling Old" bit especially.

You can't imagine how happy I was when I realised the double 'o' bit would work a treat  :D

Made for it, isn't it? Capital letter, double-"o", three lower-case. Hope it's OK to steal it as my avatar? 

Coincidentally...

My wife married a Mooney (obviously) - six  letters, with a double-"o" and ending in "ey". 

One of her sisters married a Pooley - also six  letters, with a double-"o" and ending in "ey". 

Her other sister married a Maltby - also six letters, beginning with "M" and ending in "y". 

Edited by mjmooney

Journalists finding out where I live and hanging around outside..hmmm.

I trained to be a journalist, and one of the reasons I'm not doing that as a living now, is the fact that the editor of the radio station I was working at sent me to do things like this. 

That some bald ugly scouse word removed is getting paid £14.4million a year for playing kick and chase while I get £19k to help vulnerable people with mental health issues re-adjust to life in our society while dealing with my own mental health. **** hate the way the world works, its just not fair at all.

This is what has caused me to dislike the modern game. Its just not realistic anymore. The thing is, the players don't even look like they enjoy doing what they do, despite earning millions a year. They should be thanking their lucky stars every day for how good there life is. 

1dhe.png

That is utterly, totally and completely brilliant.  The "I'm Feeling Old" bit especially.

You can't imagine how happy I was when I realised the double 'o' bit would work a treat  :D

Made for it, isn't it? Capital letter, double-"o", three lower-case. Hope it's OK to steal it as my avatar? 

Coincidentally...

My wife married a Mooney (obviously) - six  letters, with a double-"o" and ending in "ey". 

One of her sisters married a Pooley - also six  letters, with a double-"o" and ending in "ey". 

Her other sister married a Maltby - also six letters, beginning with "M" and ending in "y". 

Are you available for after dinner speaking?!

• Like 1

Dust. I hate the bloody stuff.  I like to have a clean home (which is difficult seeing as I'm currently living in 2 places, but clean none the less), I vacuum at least once a week and yet when the sun comes out I see dust, dust, and more floating dust. HOW?!?!

• Like 1

This is what has caused me to dislike the modern game. Its just not realistic anymore. The thing is, the players don't even look like they enjoy doing what they do, despite earning millions a year. They should be thanking their lucky stars every day for how good there life is. 

That is very true, most of them actually don't enjoy it. My pastor at church used to be a football agent in the West Midlands area, and he said the people in society with the biggest issues are footballers. We think they have perfect lives but they don't.

Â