Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

yeah I know poor me  :)

I've got a free weekend coming up where the family are away and I was trying to plan a spontaneous visit to Belarus but I don't have the required 2 blank pages they want for the visa application  !!

Filling up a 44 page 10 year passport in just over 3 years

poxy third world countries with their 1 or 2 page sticky visa labels ..just use a rubber stamp like the rest of of us

Is this what the young set call a humblebrag?

Filling up a 44 page 10 year passport in just over 3 years

poxy third world countries with their 1 or 2 page sticky visa labels ..just use a rubber stamp like the rest of of us

Is this what the young set call a humblebrag?

I'm 43 hardly the young set :)

it is exactly what it says on the title  .. something that pisses me off though it has no real reason to 

probably one of the few examples in this thread that actually fit the title

I wish I had passports filled with stamps, it would be a nice souvenir. 

I'd love to have been to all those countries. I don't actually want to go to them (everyone knows Abroad Is Bloody), but I'd love to have been to them. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

I wish I had passports filled with stamps, it would be a nice souvenirs. 

I'd love to have been to all those countries. I don't actually want to go to them (everyone knows Abroad Is Bloody), but I'd love to have been to them. 

the internet and budget airlines has kinda made everything that is Good and Bad about travel   ... Good in that pretty much the entire world is now accessible , bad in that other people want to go there :) 

but for me travel is a hobby and it's one that I use to combine my interest in History    .. 2 for the price of 1 :)  ..

I'm dying to get to Iraq ( though i think the US army have pilfered everything worth seeing ) and Leptis Magna but world events kinda put those on hold for a while

I wish I had passports filled with stamps, it would be a nice souvenirs. 

the internet and budget airlines has kinda made everything that is Good and Bad about travel   ... Good in that pretty much the entire world is now accessible , bad in that other people want to go there :)

but for me travel is a hobby and it's one that I use to combine my interest in History    .. 2 for the price of 1 :)  ..

I'm dying to get to Iraq ( though i think the US army have pilfered everything worth seeing ) and Leptis Magna but world events kinda put those on hold for a while

How often do you head away Tony?

Yeah the history aspect is one of the things I do like about travel. 

Only did that cheap package tour to Turkey the other week because of the trips to Aphrodisias and Ephesus, etc. Amazing places. 

• Like 1

Only did that cheap package tour to Turkey the other week because of the trips to Aphrodisias and Ephesus, etc. Amazing places.

Did you enjoy the Efes?

Must have done - I drank enough of it! :)  (Although there wasn't much choice out in the sticks where we were). 

• Like 1

I've mentioned before in another thread that I was really impressed with Turkey

I did Ephesus  ( and the Virgin Mary's house just down the road  :rolleyes: ) , Troy and Gallipoli  and of course Istanbul .. missed out on Aphrodisias  .. that will teach me not to spend longer in a place

The Ephesus  site was really impressive  , Cleopatra had her sister killed there  .. proper history  

I did Ephesus  ( and the Virgin Mary's house just down the road  :rolleyes: ) , Troy and Gallipoli  and of course Istanbul .. missed out on Aphrodisias  .. that will teach me not to spend longer in a place

The Ephesus  site was really impressive  , Cleopatra had her sister killed there  .. proper history  

Aphrodisias is just as incredible as Ephesus. The chariot racing stadium is still intact, and it's HUUUUGE: 

P1000592.JPG

However, we are now going  :offtopic:  for this thread! 

• Like 1

I did Ephesus ( and the Virgin Mary's house just down the road :rolleyes: ) , Troy and Gallipoli and of course Istanbul .. missed out on Aphrodisias .. that will teach me not to spend longer in a place

The Ephesus site was really impressive , Cleopatra had her sister killed there .. proper history

Aphrodisias is just as incredible as Ephesus. The chariot racing stadium is still intact, and it's HUUUUGE:

P1000592.JPG

However, we are now going :offtopic: for this thread!

FIT

• Like 1

Â