Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Yeah, basically if you buy something for more than £100 the credit card company insures your purchase. They will take the hit on any faulty goods or fraud etc. Good for eBay purchases.

The insurance and having a safety net are the only thing I use mine for but you can get cash back and other rewards if you are sensible and pay off the balance in full each month.

• Like 1

That's some sort of OCD depression morph, you're associating a time of emotional turmoil with the specific timescale in which it happened?

It's not uncommon though; I lost my mother in the run up to Christmas in 2006 and every year the start of the xmas adverts and songs always triggers a lousy depressive feeling.

Yeah basically this. I would like to take this discussion further with you but I will inbox you. I don't want to derail this thread with my mental bullshit.

That's some sort of OCD depression morph, you're associating a time of emotional turmoil with the specific timescale in which it happened?

It's not uncommon though; I lost my mother in the run up to Christmas in 2006 and every year the start of the xmas adverts and songs always triggers a lousy depressive feeling.

That's slightly (or very) different. Your example is about specific triggering of feelings, surely?

I don't believe in credit cards or loans, I only spend what I can comfortably cover.

I don't use credit cards either. But then I'm not materialistic so I don't need to keep up with the Jones'.

But you presumably use a debit card? Why not buy things you'd already buy anyway on a credit card instead? Benefits with no downsides.

Edited by Davkaus

I don't believe in credit cards or loans, I only spend what I can comfortably cover.

I don't use credit cards either. But then I'm not materialistic so I don't need to keep up with the Jones'.

But you presumably use a debit card? Why not buy things you'd already buy anyway on a credit card instead? Benefits with no downsides.

This. If you're good with money and never in debt then there are only benefits. If you're not, stay well away.

When you buy a frozen pizza and the toppings are just dumped in the middle of the pizza in a big clump.

Very annoying, but sometimes I enjoy arranging them in my own way because I have no life :thumb:

I always add bits to frozen pizzas and it really makes them a meal you can enjoy.

If I get a £1.50 pizza from Tesco with pepperoni on, I'll add chopped red & white onion, some chillis, red/yellow/green peppers and a pile of mozzarella.

Banging.

• Like 2

And if you're good with money why bother with a credit card?

I don't have a mortgage so I like to keep some 'live' credit going. It keeps my credit record recent, so if I ever do need extra credit people can see that I've made recent, on time payments. I just think if all I've got to on is credit records from several years ago then it might hinder a decision (on thing such as a mortgage).

just had for a meal with friends waiter brings over receipt

I put in for mine and a tip already.

one guy looks at receipt, sees 10% service charge "I ain't paying a service charge", someone else says it's extortionate, and starts taking it off everyone's meal and giving out change.

****ing hate when people are being cheap about a tip, and I put in for a tip don't start giving it back to me as 'change'.

Does the tip go to the staff as a bonus or is it used by the company to make up their stingy wages? Had a meal with my family and my Dad palmed the cash tip to the waitress as he didn't want it going through the books.

And if you're good with money why bother with a credit card?

I have mine set up to pay off with a direct debit to ensure there's no risk of charges, I buy what I normally would, and I get cashback as a percentage of my spending. A couple of minutes to set it up, and from that point it's money for nothing.

I wouldn't get one to use it as a loan,  it's essentially a debit card with bonuses, and it doesn't cost me a penny.

Edited by Davkaus

just had for a meal with friends waiter brings over receipt

I put in for mine and a tip already.

one guy looks at receipt, sees 10% service charge "I ain't paying a service charge", someone else says it's extortionate, and starts taking it off everyone's meal and giving out change.

****ing hate when people are being cheap about a tip, and I put in for a tip don't start giving it back to me as 'change'.

I don't like being told to pay a service charge, it ain't British. I do tip a good meal, by that's probably only half the time. I'm sure this has been done before in this topic mind.

Although the American compulsory tipping model works well, we don't do that over here.

Â