Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Our IT team are trying to cut down on licenses so emailed everyone with a certain product asking if they still need it. They used CC instead of BCC, and so far I'm up to 37 individuals (who are, ostensibly, well-educated) emailing everybody back to confirm they do/don't.

I'd like to find those 37 people and the idiot who doesn't know what BCC is and individually punch them in the face.

I work for a large government agency in the US.   Occasionally someone mistakenly sends out a local message to a national mailgroup, including just last week.  For the rest of the day our inboxes get flooded with people who have replied to all saying either "Please remove me from this mail group" or "Please don't reply all".    It's always a reminder of the sheer number of idiots who somehow have found employment in this world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I think that was my very first entry in the original version of this thread. 

It's irrational, I really shouldn't care, and I have good friends who have them, but for some reason I think badly of anyone who would want one. 

Perfect for the thread title, really. 

There is something so innately naff about them though isn’t there. Of all the little wealth flexes people do, they are up there with flashing your watch in photos and leaving labels on clothing

I don’t like personalised number plates but at least ones that are your initials or name or whatever are understandable. 

But I’m with @villaajax , the ones where it says like “Jag 1” is bizarre. We can see it’s a jag

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

The worst ones are the people with something flash like a Range Rover or Porsche and a private plate with BOSS / BO55 etc. You just know he’s a prick that his workforce hate.

There's one local one that I can almost forgive - the driving instructor that both my daughters learned with has a Mini with the plate PAS555. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

If somebody gifted me 'MJM 1', I'd thank them sincerely for their generosity - and immediately sell it for as much as I could get. I'd feel like a clearing in the woods driving round with it on (regardless of the value of the car). 

What about M00NEY 1T? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The worst ones are the people with something flash like a Range Rover or Porsche and a private plate with BOSS / BO55 etc. You just know he’s a prick that his workforce hate.

Or women with things like HE11 CAT or B1TCH, both of which I've seen on white luxury cars. 

I know I would hate any time in their company. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This. Not just a half-and-half scarf, but one that claims the match is in the 'Premiership'. 

Screenshot_2023-04-05-19-58-10-20_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg

I don’t understand he hate of the half and half scarf tbh. I think they’re aimed at children who want a souvenir of the game they went to. Obviously you don’t buy one if you go every week.

The Premiership think 1000% valid though.

3 hours ago, villaajax said:

Personalised number plates generally but more specifically the ones who put 'V8' or 'V6' or whatever on them. Anybody who cares about that kind of thing would likely know what engine your car has and for everyone else, nobody cares!

I was once behind a brand new Ferrari with the number plate "P155 POR".  Bastard. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

The new 4 cans of beer where instead of the plastic holding them together they use superglue or something.  I'm genuinely worried I might seriously injure myself prising them apart.

Simply open one can at a time and drink straight from that can with the other three cans (unopened or empty, just not opened and full) still attached.

It looks especially cool if the can opening is facing towards the middle of the bunch.👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

There's one local one that I can almost forgive - the driving instructor that both my daughters learned with has a Mini with the plate PAS555. 

Must be sorely tempting to paint "cook" and "Babtridge" either side of the number plate

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Must be sorely tempting to paint "cook" and "Babtridge" either side of the number plate

Don't get it. 

Been coaxed down to That there London for a couple of days. Nice easy train journey from Atherstone. 

Sadly we will have to change three times to get back due to engineering works. words removed. 

Â