Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

ABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBCDEF

My CD shelves have a touch of that. Full sets of The Band, The Beach Boys, The Beatles and The Byrds alone take up a fair bit of real estate. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

ABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBCDEF

Not quite.

Letter B takes up only one and a half cubes.

Next biggest I think is "S", and then "Y".

Beach Boys stuff takes up four cubes :)

• Like 1

I see rules are being brought in about possession and sale of Nitrous oxide. 

I couldn't really give a shit about the scrotes using it but it makes be angry beyond words the frigging state they leave behind just chucking the cylinders out of the car once they've finished. 

Some places are just littered knee deep with the little silver cylinders and I've noticed larger aerosol cannisters being littered lately. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I couldn't really give a shit about the scrotes using it but it makes be angry beyond words the frigging state they leave behind just chucking the cylinders out of the car once they've finished. 

Some places are just littered knee deep with the little silver cylinders and I've noticed larger aerosol cannisters being littered lately. 

Wait until you spot an industrial cream machine

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

The mess also pisses me off. Was in a car on the motorway and the scrotes in the car in front were doing balloons and chucking the cartridges out the window. 

What really pisses me off though, is the government approach to solutions. "What this needs is more laws". We don't need more **** laws. There are enough laws to prosecute people already, how about putting some resource into just enforcing the ones we already have? 

"More laws" is just playing to the gallery of "something must be done", when actually it will do **** all except introduce a greater time/resource/admin/financial burden on those who have a legitimate use for the stuff. 

End of rant. 

Edited by Anthony
Damn you autocorrect
  • Like 4

If we're banning substances purely because enforcing littering laws is too much like hard work, can they outlaw McDonalds and Coca Cola next please.

It's just another example of how we're run by idiots who don't give a **** about anything but the headline. Doesn't matter it's stupid, it plays to their base, so it's good enough, who cares.

Edited by Davkaus

My uncle died recently, old age was expected. We have been waiting for nearly 3 weeks for him to be transferred to the funeral directors, so a few family members can see him for the last time, funeral is Wednesday. A representative on the phone yesterday advised my auntie, "if you need to bring anyone to see him please be aware there may be a smell, as he has started to decompose". I'm not sure if these were the actual words, but either way, not what I would expect to hear from a professional funeral directors, outrageous actually!

• Sad 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64869760

Nitrous oxide, sold in metal canisters, is the second most-used drug by 16 to 24-year-olds in the UK.

Heavy use can lead to a vitamin deficiency that damages nerves in the spinal cord.

But the independent Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) said nitrous oxide should not be banned under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.

It comes after the Home Office asked the ACMD to provide advice on whether to make possession of nitrous oxide a crime.

Earlier this year, ministers had been considering a ban on possession of the drug - and on all direct sale of it to consumers - as part of a move to tackle antisocial behaviour.

The ACMD recommended the substance should not be controlled under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.

It said sanctions for the offences would be disproportionate with the level of harm associated with nitrous oxide, as well as creating "significant burdens" for legitimate uses of the substance.

Nitrous oxide is regularly used as an anaesthetic in medicine and dentistry, and as a gas for making whipped cream in cooking.

Currently, non-legitimate use of the substance is controlled under the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016, which the council said "remains appropriate legislation".

What is the point of asking for independent, expert advice, and then just completely disregarding it?

Not sure if this is an issue in UK but here in Ireland, we have these groups of cyclists that cycle side by side and block the traffic on mostly rural roads, they hold up traffic and refuse to let cars past. These are never general cyclists but always the people dressed like they are in the tour de france.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Not sure if this is an issue in UK but here in Ireland, we have these groups of cyclists that cycle side by side and block the traffic on mostly rural roads, they hold up traffic and refuse to let cars past. These are never general cyclists but always the people dressed like they are in the tour de france.

We have over weight 45 year olds riding in packs preparing for the Olympics over here as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Cyclists have right of way now, like the pedestrians. **** the drivers who pay vehicle exise duty and insurance. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Cyclists have right of way now, like the pedestrians. **** the drivers who pay vehicle exise duty and insurance. 

What do you mean "now"? It's been true since there were rules allowing cars to use roads.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday.  It seems more dangerous to me cycling like that.  While they're technically probably doing the right thing, in practice certain motorists will decide to make a riskier manoeuvre to overtake them.  I'd definitely be cycling in single file if it was me.

It’s advised that cyclists take a more positive position in the road.

Too many car drivers are arseholes and think they can cut up cyclists or over take them with an inch to spare.

Taking up more road can reduce the chance of some angry narcissist deciding the cyclist’s life is less important than getting to KFC in record time.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Somewhere on this site is a lengthy rant from yours truly about this kind of cyclist. And I speak as an occasional cyclist. 

Â