Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

20 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

That the IOC is thinking of letting Russian athletes in to the Olympic games.

sounds like Poland is leading a charge on arranging a boycott ,hope they get the required backing from the other countries 

• Like 3

Football-related (and not directed at anyone on the forum as it spans wider than that) but for some reason I involuntarily cringe any time I see someone discuss transfers and say "yes please" regarding a player or "*insert player's name* please". I don't know why but it happens so often now I feel compelled to say it.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2023 at 10:28, tonyh29 said:

sounds like Poland is leading a charge on arranging a boycott ,hope they get the required backing from the other countries 

Might be wrong here but weren't they banned from the last games due to being drug cheats but then the IOC let some of them compete under the IOC banner rather than the Russian one?

I'm not sure on it, partly I think punish them all as a collective because it is the collective that will lead to change (apart from it seemingly won't) but at the same time its not particularly fair to punish an athlete who has lived and trained in the states for say 10 years because they have a Russian birth certificate

I would guess that there are plenty of ways around the latter and it would be interesting to see if some Russian born athletes are getting citizenship elsewhere and compete in 2024 and almost certainly in 2028

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’ve just spent the last hour faffing with all my wifi settings before checking the news to see that Virgin Media have major internet outages across Birmingham this morning. 

Well that explains it.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’ve just spent the last hour faffing with all my wifi settings before checking the news to see that Virgin Media have major internet outages across Birmingham this morning. 

Across the UK it seems

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Across the UK it seems

Yeah, Twitter says 5+ hours it’s been broken. 

The extra annoying thing is until literally 5 days ago I had a second internet supplier at home (Vodafone) which was absolutely perfect. As VM never failed (although it is sometimes temperamental) and rising costs etc I cancelled it and it was turned off last Thursday 😭

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wish I'd read this an hour ago. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Always check twitter first. There'll be someone complaining on there.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

Always check twitter first. There'll be someone complaining on there.

True although this one caught me out as all local indicators were suggesting the internet was working fine, no amber lights, no warnings at all so I thought it might be specific to me. We live and learn!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

True although this one caught me out as all local indicators were suggesting the internet was working fine, no amber lights, no warnings at all so I thought it might be specific to me. We live and learn!

Same with me, everything was fine locally.

Â