Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On 23/04/2016 at 23:28, sidcow said:

I get really really wound up by amateur professional cyclists. It's a growing trend. You see them blocking up the roads often riding arrogantly two abreast in their aerodynamic lycra,  riding their £2,000 bikes boasting how they are so light made from micro carbon balsa so light they can pick the bike up with their erection 

1) unless you are actually going for an Olympic record there is no need for the lycra especially with your Flabby arse on show in the back of it

2) they are actually cheating. If they really want to test themselves and prove their manhood they should tackle those hills on a Raleigh chopper wearing flappy shorts. If they want to use the latest tech to shorten their times get a fcuking motor fitted to the bike

The latest wind up if the cameras fitted to their helmets to ensure they can edit out the footage of them manically performing some suicidal manouver whilst riding 4 abreast with their finance director and stockbroker mates accross both lanes of the A5 so they can sue the 80 yr old driver who smashed into them on the blind bend 

Fr!ggin hate them.  Tw@ts

Haha.  Only 2 likes. Disappointed 

@darrenm didn't like it much either 😁

• Haha 1

I used to get annoyed by cyclists but it doesn't bother me anymore. We're all using the same road.

I do get annoyed by the groups that block the road. I have no problem with it in theory because as soon as you get a clear bit of road you can overtake comfortably. But it's when it happens on a narrow country road and they don't think to let you past that it becomes irritating.

Generally thought I'm chilled about them these days

• Like 4

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s advised that cyclists take a more positive position in the road.

Too many car drivers are arseholes and think they can cut up cyclists or over take them with an inch to spare.

Taking up more road can reduce the chance of some angry narcissist deciding the cyclist’s life is less important than getting to KFC in record time.

I've got no problem with a single cyclist being in a more positive road position and then being able to safely pass them.  That makes complete sense.

However, the groups of 6-10 cyclists having a casual bike ride whilst chatting and being across an entire road whilst making no effort to have any consideration for car/van/whatever users can get in the **** bin.

Reviewing a scanned document at work.

Alternating pages are 180° flipped.

Every other page is flipped upside down.

Oh. And it's been printed double sided. And for some reason it's also out of order.

Argh.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

That bloke in America suing Gwyneth Paltrow for $300,000 due to her bumping into him when skiing.

Get in the **** bin, mate.

I don't know all of the details but she seems to be getting the blame for the court case. As in it's a stupid case and a waste of time but she's getting blamed. Which seems a bit unfair as he's suing her. Or am I missing something?

Yeah, both say the other crashed into them. Obviously this is a nothing event if one of them wasn’t rich and famous.

I saw a bit of the guys testimony on the news yesterday, you’d think he was the Hollywood actor. He was giving it absolutely EVERYTHING. The collision caused the breakdown of his relationship with his girlfriend because he sustained brain injuries where he gets confused and lost in his own neighbourhood. His ex-girlfriend couldn’t cope with the fact he might never return to his normal self again. It was like the scene in the Simpsons where Bart is advised to give a ridiculous account of events when Mr Burns car knocked him off his skateboard.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Reviewing a scanned document at work.

Alternating pages are 180° flipped.

Every other page is flipped upside down.

Oh. And it's been printed double sided. And for some reason it's also out of order.

Argh.

Do you work in the 1990s?

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

That bloke in America suing Gwyneth Paltrow for $300,000 due to her bumping into him when skiing.

Get in the **** bin, mate.

I'm in two minds.  The lawsuit seems like nonsense.  But Paltrow's a dangerous idiot that needs skiing off the nearest mountain peak anyway.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

I'm in two minds.  The lawsuit seems like nonsense.  But Paltrow's a dangerous idiot that needs skiing off the nearest mountain peak anyway.

$300k is a pretty small sum of money for this kind of thing, I guess the accuser thought it was small enough for GP to just pay up or do a deal to avoid going to court.

54 minutes ago, limpid said:

Do you work in the 1990s?

Insurance, so yes essentially. The insurance industry is backwards in all the bad ways and forwards in all the bad ways too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

$300k is a pretty small sum of money for this kind of thing, I guess the accuser thought it was small enough for GP to just pay up or do a deal to avoid going to court.

He originally sued her for $3m but that got thrown out.

• Thanks 1

If there are no witnesses as to which of them hit who, surely the case is pointless.

If there are witnesses, shouldn’t we just cut to what the witnesses say they saw?

I bet we’ll have a week of these two trading more and more ridiculous claims of broken relationships and the accidental invention of the icicle douche, then we see the camera footage captured by a third party and it’ll turn out the pair of them were at different resorts.

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If there are no witnesses as to which of them hit who, surely the case is pointless.

If there are witnesses, shouldn’t we just cut to what the witnesses say they saw?

I bet we’ll have a week of these two trading more and more ridiculous claims of broken relationships and the accidental invention of the icicle douche, then we see the camera footage captured by a third party and it’ll turn out the pair of them were at different resorts.

There are witnesses but I think they’re all very biased to one party or the other, so you’re back to square one

• Like 1

On 27/03/2023 at 12:54, Stevo985 said:

I used to get annoyed by cyclists but it doesn't bother me anymore. We're all using the same road.

Generally thought I'm chilled about them these days

I'm the same. Driving is just a joyless experience for me nowadays so i'm like Driving Miss Daisy. 

Need to change my car to more of a wafty luxury one.

Edited by Xela

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm the same. Driving is just a joyless experience for me nowadays so i'm like Driving Miss Daisy. 

Need to change my car to more of a wafty luxury one.

Get yourself a Jaguar XF

Â