Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Should be looking forward to a four day weekend but no, swamped with work, so alarm set for 4am and I'll be in the office by 5.

What a mug! 

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

Should be looking forward to a four day weekend but no, swamped with work, so alarm set for 4am and I'll be in the office by 5.

What a mug! 

You're not alone. 6am flight yesterday - home at 10pm then spent two hours fixing up some disaster for the big boss. Back on it at 8am this morning and I'm still in the office now. Only jumped in here because I'm waiting for someone to get back to me on something but I bet they've probably gone home even when they said they wouldn't. 

Same again tomorrow, no doubt.

A recruiter has at short notice got me an interview with a company I've never heard of, for a role I'm exceptionally unlikely to be able to do to any great degree, or will sacrifice so much salary it's not worth my while doing it, in a place that is a nightmare for me to get to.

I feel like a prick, because I did quickly agree to the interview as I walking down the street yesterday, but looking into it its an enormous waste of everyone's time, and my money to get there. Even if they offered me the job, unless they were going to pay me a figure that made it a no brainer (which they won't be doing by any means), I'd turn it down. I'm gonna have to say no thanks on the day of an interview and that makes me look like a clearing in the woods.

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

why did you agree?

I didn't really think about it at the time as I was caught on the hip a bit and didn't realise quite how awkward it would be to get to the place, and looking into the firm combined with the confirmation email referring to things I don't really do makes it clear this is a waste of time.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

What a mug! 

lumbergh.jpg

On 3/22/2016 at 18:33, Xela said:

People who conduct business meetings in coffee shops. Happens at a lot at the Starbucks near me, loads of people chatting loudly about 'projections' and 'pipelines' while supping a macchiato and a slice of pistachio loaf and looking at print outs of pie charts and scatter graphs. 

Today topped it off when a woman in a power suit asked the guy behind the counter "Two questions, one, do you have conference call facilities and two, can I use your photocopier"! I I almost shouted over "This a coffee shop sweetheart, not a regional office for KMPG"!

Some people! 

I've had to politely tell more than one person from one project management company (E C Harris) that I will not have meetings in Starbucks. It ain't appropriate. I will meet up in Starbucks if we must. I will chat some work chat in Starbucks if we must. I will not sit around a cluster of laptops and paperwork in a Starbucks that has been replanned as a conference venue by a prick in a shiny suit.

My **** car battery has died again. It died 2 months ago after not being driven for a week or so and the weather was arctic. 

I jump started it and made sure to turn the engine over just about every day since then when I wasn't using it. 

The weather hasn't been super cold lately, and just two days ago I turned it over just fine.

Today, the engine didn't even make a struggling sound, it was just the click of the ignition not firing. Totally dead.

The battery is not a year old. 

It's either the alternator or an electrical drain when the car is off. 

Either way, it's a major pain in the balls!

14 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I've posted before about how I'm the office nobhead.

Today alone I've flicked elastic bands at one lady, emailed her endless photos of my holiday to bore her, drew on her arms with highlighters, screamed as loud as I could in the lift to frighten her (which I filmed), put hand sanitiser on her mouth and toothpaste on her nose, hidden her lunch and hidden her documents.

I hate myself reading all that back.

id like to work with you,it sounds fun. do you like people running after you with toilet roll caked in shit? if so then thats great and i think we would get on just fine.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

My **** car battery has died again. It died 2 months ago after not being driven for a week or so and the weather was arctic. 

I jump started it and made sure to turn the engine over just about every day since then when I wasn't using it. 

The weather hasn't been super cold lately, and just two days ago I turned it over just fine.

Today, the engine didn't even make a struggling sound, it was just the click of the ignition not firing. Totally dead.

The battery is not a year old. 

It's either the alternator or an electrical drain when the car is off. 

Either way, it's a major pain in the balls!

If its less than a year old you should be able to get a replacement shouldn't you? 

Just tell them you've had alternator checked and its fine.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

id like to work with you,it sounds fun. do you like people running after you with toilet roll caked in shit? if so then thats great and i think we would get on just fine.

Oh no, as soon as somebody did anything to me I'd be straight on the phone to HR.

I bet Paddywack has got his own option on his work HR telephone line.

Press 1 now for safety and wellbeing

Press 2 now for policies and forms

Press 3 now for recruitment

Press 4 now to report an incident involving Paddywack and his "crazy" pranks 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

you remember the HR incident on here last year, the opticians one, Paddywack, I hope you keep us updated when the inevitable happens to you.

I've lasted 8 years here, I think I'm okay hiding someone's sandwich and making them jump every now and then.

Although the tuna cob stuffed behind the radiator may become an issue.

• Like 1

read a news story about some bloke arrested for a Tweet he'd made

"I confronted a Muslim woman yesterday in Croydon. I asked her to explain Brussels. She said 'Nothing to do with me'. A mealy mouthed reply."

reason I'm pissed off is I found myself chuckling at one of the replies he got ..damn you twitter making me laugh for once

"I confronted a ferret and asked him to explain Donald Trump's hair. He said 'nothing to do with me'. A mealy mouthed response."

• Like 1

Â