Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The guy in my office that doesn't have an "indoor voice".

He sits 10 meters away, and I can hear him with headphones in ffs.

We've just had a little re shuffle in the one office I work from and I've got a new 'buddy' in my corner.

He doesn't appear to understand the concept of a telephone. He can pick up the handset ok, he dials the number ok, but when the other person answers he appears to be under the impression you then have to SHOUT AS LOUD AS YOU CAN BECAUSE THE OTHER PERSON IS VERY VERY FAR AWAY.

First time I was in and he made a call, everyone else turned, stared and smiled. My paranoia suggests I've been stitched up.

He also has piles upon piles of paper on his desk.

He prints off e-mails. 

• Like 4

Why does he print emails? Does he handwrite his response and fax it back?

My guy isn't shouting. I know because I've played football with him, and heard him shouting, I've asked him not to do it again for fear that it caused the flooding in India.

He just has an incredibly booming voice, I'm surprised I can't hear him when I work from home.

• Like 3

First time I was in and he made a call, everyone else turned, stared and smiled. My paranoia suggests I've been stitched up.
One has, I fear, been done like a kipper :D You need to 'av a word I think.

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

he appears to be under the impression you then have to SHOUT AS LOUD AS YOU CAN BECAUSE THE OTHER PERSON IS VERY VERY FAR AWAY.

It's quite common that. I think it might be something to do with either rubbish telephones (weak sound coming out of the speakery thing, or maybe his hearing isn't brilliant?

I've taken the mick out of a few people who have the same habit - usually saying "dunno why you bother with the phone Frances, they could probably hear your voice from London" or "were you shouting because the phone's broken?" (no I haven't got any friends at work). But it might not be their fault. maybe see if you can offer to help  - get him an alternative phone with a better earpiece,it might make him aware he's hollering and so quieten him down. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The guy in my office that doesn't have an "indoor voice".

He sits 10 meters away, and I can hear him with headphones in ffs.

My wife has this,  if she is talking on the mobile next to me on the sofa it is so loud i installed a sound tester on my mobile.  Peaked at 92 decibels at some points,  i think this is the same as a jet taking off or something.  My house has three floors and is of concrete construction.  I can hear her floor 1 to 3 very easily.  

It is also in Dutch to make things a bit more interesting.:D

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

he can ~@2%4!+'~'  {]1%£$& 0(`##  right off, that's what's going to happen

paper and folders now encroaching by up to 15mm on to my desk

my lovely, pristine, end of the office, away from monkey island, not overlooked by anyone, double windows, desk

25761118031_b1b2fcbcac_z.jpg

What a **** liberty.  

Can you not raise you desk by 10-15 mm ? this will stop the paper trying to invade.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

he can ~@2%4!+'~'  {]1%£$& 0(`##  right off, that's what's going to happen

paper and folders now encroaching by up to 15mm on to my desk

my lovely, pristine, end of the office, away from monkey island, not overlooked by anyone, double windows, desk

25761118031_b1b2fcbcac_z.jpg

Words can't describe how much I love your dedication to this moan. A **** diagram, brilliant!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

He also has piles upon piles of paper on his desk.

He prints off e-mails. 

It took me 15 minutes to find a pen in my office this morning. Paper is something we use to clear up spills.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, limpid said:

It took me 15 minutes to find a pen in my office this morning. Paper is something we use to clear up spills.

unless you can produce Chris'sss diagram electronically for us I'd say paper wins

• Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

unless you can produce Chris'sss diagram electronically for us I'd say paper wins

I could, but that's a whiteboard (I think).

Fifteen big rectangles, fifteen semi-circles, some straight lines and a million little rectangles. I could have done that in the same time I typed this, even in Google Drawings, let alone proper drawing software.

And he probably photshopped it :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

You promise not to do the design layouts, I'll promise not to sit in the dark talking in binary

Limpid's nought one for doing that.sort of thing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

You promise not to do the design layouts, I'll promise not to sit in the dark talking in binary or Linus or whatever it is.

I have a standing desk :) I'm an architect. I don't know what you think I do.

Okay, I'm an Infrastructure Architect, but I still do drawing.

• Like 1

good mate of mine won 8k on the online slots last week, he now has only 1k left after putting it all back in. he blew 2k in half hour trying to get another big win then gradually put the rest in trying to get his money back. **** daft clearing in the woods.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, limpid said:

I have a standing desk :) I'm an architect. I don't know what you think I do.

Okay, I'm an Infrastructure Architect, but I still do drawing.

i thought you was some god-like figure, but all along your just a bloody architect.

Â