Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Where did you hear that? I'd be interested to know their logic and circumstances. I'm not even entirely sure what a milk by-product would be. Veal?!

I have a couple of friends who are vegan but eat eggs exclusively from a local farm that doesn't breed or kill their livestock, and keep them well, which seems fairly ethically and logically consistent.

Edited by Davkaus

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Where did you hear that? I'd be interested to know their logic and circumstances. I'm not even entirely sure what a milk by-product would be. Veal?!

I have a couple of friends who are vegan but eat eggs exclusively from a local farm that doesn't breed or kill their livestock, and keep them well, which seems fairly ethically and logically consistent.

Surely they aren't vegan then (I say this as a tree hugging vegetarian)

Just now, coda said:

As a tree hugging vegan, that doesn't eat eggs, I wouldn't really have a problem with them calling themselves vegan. If they just ate eggs, no matter the source, absolutely they aren't vegan, that's absurd. But from a single supplier, that they know doesn't slaughter, mistreat, or breed their flock? Eh, I can see why they'd be ok with that.

I'm not sure there's a similar justification for dairy, mind you, it takes the continual breeding of cows (and, inevitably, the slaughter of their offspring).

17 minutes ago, coda said:

That would be my issue. While I'm a meat eating, slightly ignorant bastard. I appreciate others think differently but but to try and categorise yourself as a vegan but you'rebasically a vegetarian is just taking the piss.

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

My description probably wasn't great I just tried to describe various dairy products.

Surely they can't be vegan if they eat eggs. To be honest I find it weird that vegetarians eat eggs unless they are vegetarians because they don't like the texture of meat.

"Good Friday is not a public holiday. While some schools and businesses close on that day, you have no automatic entitlement to time off work on that day" .....Council offices should be open the lazy words removed 

"Good Friday is not a public holiday. While some schools and businesses close on that day, you have no automatic entitlement to time off work on that day" .....Council offices should be open the lazy words removed 

Wait, you thought the council would be open given half a chance to close? Them words removed are closed to the public half the time through a normal day :)

British pub signs. Specifically, the accelerating trend of replacing proper paintings with bland cursive lettering on a tasteful sage green background. It used to be an artform - The Railway, The King's Head, The Dog and Gun, The Rose and Crown, you name it. They would always have a distinctive picture illustrating the name. But they are disappearing, replaced by generic lettered signs. Makes I sad, it do. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Cliched last words/speeches by characters in films just before death after receiving a mortal wound. How many times does it have to be done? Stop it, it's stupid!

What! Not even Edward G's 'Is this the end of Rico?'

Or James Cagney, with: 'Made it ma, top of the world!'.

Philistine. :angry:

• Like 1

Â