Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This taking shoes off is either a new (in my terms that means post-1980s), or a middle class thing. It was completely unknown when I was young, and I still find it slightly odd. I mean, I can see the point, but it doesn't come naturally to me, and I don't expect anyone to do it in my house unless their shoes are caked in mud (they usually do it anyway, though).

It's something I did when I was growing up but now I wouldn't really think of taking my shoes off.  I do it when I go round to my folks but I still regard that as my house.  I generally don't like other people though so keeping my shoes on means I can leave quicker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ikantcpell said:

People who dont remove their shoes when walking into someones home, Dirty Pigs!!

Generally agree.

But that rule is discarded at house parties isn't it? Or does it depend on the number of guests there?

Not that I'm invited to many parties. Not since sharing my views on the number of party guests to the requirement of shoe removal correlation was poorly received.

• Like 1

I don't mind people leaving their shoes on if they want to, but if they're round for the evening I'd prefer it they took them off (not that I'd ask).

I just think it makes them look uncomfortable. It's like leaving your coat on or having your bag on your lap.

• Like 3

"Craft ale" and hipster pubs.

Went on a pub crawl in London this weekend. All were Camera recommendations, but many were hipster gastropubs where the majority of the beers were carbonated from a tap, not fresh from the pump.

We were even told in one that if diners came in that they would ask us to move from the table.

They were expensive too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

Went on a pub crawl in London this weekend. All were Camera recommendations, but many were hipster gastropubs where the majority of the beers were carbonated from a tap, not fresh from the pump.

We were even told in one that if diners came in that they would ask us to move from the table.

They were expensive too.

**** those words removed

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I don't mind people leaving their shoes on if they want to, but if they're round for the evening I'd prefer it they took them off (not that I'd ask).

I just think it makes them look uncomfortable. It's like leaving your coat on or having your bag on your lap.

Whereas I think people sitting around in their socks looks totally weird. 

Maybe it's because I hate feet, and I think they should be as covered up as possible. 

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

They were expensive too.

Wouldn't touch those places with a bargepole, CAMRA should be ashamed of themselves.

Just find a normal pub that has good ale at a reasonable price. 

Edited by mjmooney

My flatmate constantly leaves a puddle of piss on the bathroom floor, in exactly the same spot. My annoyance pales in comparison to my confusion over how he even manages to do it every single time?

Edited by Phumfeinz

I say you don't go far enough. I make people take off their shoes and socks, and wash and scrub their feet with carbolic soap. After that they have to put on disposable, plastic foot guards, and to make it extra clean, I put down a plastic sheet which I incinerate after they have left. I of course wear a full chemical suit and gad mask, for the full duration of their stay. 

• Like 3

Dara O'Briain does a very funny slight aside skit in one of his early stand ups about people who expect you take your shoes off in their homes. I can't find it on YouTube sadly but I think pretty much the same. I take my shoes off on my own home but elsewhere I'm slightly aggrieved when someone asks. It's basically saying 'we assume you're dirty'.

Anywho... People who swear badly. I've been watching a few YouTube videos of games due out in the next few months and I've noticed a few commentators who simply have really cringeworthy ways of speaking that make me what to punch them repeatedly. Hearing a fat geek excitedly say 'gonna get this fat bitch' with too much conviction to make it cool, or scream 'ah this really bad person!' is making my ears bleed.

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Have you tried rubbing his nose in it?

I saw a good post a while ago about someone who was having the same problem, and he'd just use his flatmates personal towel to mop it up every time.

Unfortunately my flatmate keeps his in his room so I can't.

Someone else I'm sure posted about having a pissy housemate, who kept wetting the bed? Glad to say i don't have any piss problems.

Although I did shart the other day on the sofa. Took a gamble and lost. Live and learn 

• Like 3

As for the taking off the shoes when going to someone's house, unless I was asked I would leave them on, assuming they weren't covered in mud or they had white carpets!

• Like 1

Â