Where will we finish ?

Certainly at this point, finishing 15th would be a triumph and anything above 18th a relief. Remarkable to be saying that when we were 10th 3 games ago. Hard to see where we're going to get too many points though. 

• Like 1

I have said 12th but after today I would take anything above 17th. I just see no progression at present and I really cant see us getting 41 points and 15th placement like last year. So basically we could be going backwards again.  I reckon we will get maybe 2 more draws so 36th points and a 16th? Yipee.

I have a strong feeling we will end up at 17th.

Yeah i know it sounds a bit dramatic, but based on our injury list, demotivational players and a tactical inept manager, I think 17th is very much likely.

40 pts and no idea where that will leave us.

Just can't see us beating last years points total now which should result in the manager being sacked.

Hopefully. I don't really buy into that "Manager continuity" Look at Poccetino and Southampton, instant success. Or Rodgers at Pool, or even Martinez at Everton. Yes, I know they have better squads to work with, but anyway Im pretty sure that all of those managers would do a much better job at Villa than what Lambert has achieved.

40 pts and no idea where that will leave us.

Just can't see us beating last years points total now which should result in the manager being sacked.

I'll be more than happy with 40 points as I suspect that will leave us finishing 13th or 14th.

Just seen Naaarich have sacked Hughton.

9th: 0.1%

10th: 1.5%

11th: 8.8%

12th: 12.6%

^^^ upper quartile

13th: 14.7%

14th: 17.6% == median

15th: 18.8%

vvv lower quartile

16th: 19.0%

17th: 5.9%

18th: 0.9%

19th: 0.1%

9th: 0.3%

10th: 3.5%

11th: 18.8%

^^^ upper quartile

12th: 21.3%

13th: 22.0% == median

14th: 17.2%

vvv lower quartile

15th: 10.2%

16th: 5.0%

17th: 1.5%

18th: 0.2%

• Like 1

10th place a couple of weeks ago and I thought we should be aiming to catch Southampton!

I think it's between us and Norwich for the drop because I can see Fulham escaping now.

Terrible times for this once great club, very depressing times.

Just did a premier league predictor and even on the assumption that we will lose all of our remaining games, we'll still stay up.

Hmm. There must be other assumptions in there apart from the one that we lose all our remaining games! What assumptions did you feed in about the performances of the 7 clubs below us?

I'm guessing that's what he's on about.. even if we lose all of our games, the teams below us still won't pick up enough points. 

Norwich vs Fulham is the big one this weekend. At least our loss has kept it interesting at the bottom.. we really need to beat Palace to enjoy it though.

I'm guessing that's what he's on about.. even if we lose all of our games, the teams below us still won't pick up enough points. 

Norwich vs Fulham is the big one this weekend. At least our loss has kept it interesting at the bottom.. we really need to beat Palace to enjoy it though.

Well, yes, but if we lose EVERY game you have to be quite pessimistic about the prospects of the teams below us to see us staying up, so I wanted to know what was predicted for Fulham, Norwich and Sunderland. It would be wrong to assume we can stay up with 34 points

We need more points!

At least 3 in my book!

Edited by briny_ear

Â