Where will we finish ?

Signing so many unknown fairly inexperienced players (not complaining) only means we'll struggle at times again, just hope we dont have a december/january of last season at some point in this season. I'd like to say 10th but i think more 12th-14th but to be quite honest aslong as were not shitting it with 2-3 games to go again i'll be happy!

Oh dear..

• Like 4

17th because Norwich,Cardiff and Fulham have bad runs to the end of the season.

We should stay up NOT because we are better but because we are not as bad as the teams below us.If the season had 5/6 games to go we would go down....for sure.

This. And it is becoming a trend with us.

Looking back at the "monte carlo" in this thread not that long ago we were 1.3% chance of finishing 17th and even less at lower, while Crystal Palace were 99,8% certain to go down.

How things have changed in a few months...

• Like 2

All im bothered about is staying in the premier league. Unfortunately it will be down to other teams as I don't believe we can win another game under this manager. 

If Lerner and Lambert are still here next season, you may as well get your bets on at the start of the 2014-2015 campaign to go down, because I don't believe there is any chance of staying in the Premiership another season. Our lucks run out!

Its amazing how much optimism there was at the beginning of this thread. Faith that we would kick on this year. Its now been replaced by pure hope that we dont fall out the division. I think we will just be safe at 17th, but that just aint good enough.

Its amazing how much optimism there was at the beginning of this thread. Faith that we would kick on this year. Its now been replaced by pure hope that we dont fall out the division. I think we will just be safe at 17th, but that just aint good enough.

We played some really nice football at the begining of the season I for one was buzzing at the prospect of this season. What the ******* happened??

Looking back at the "monte carlo" in this thread not that long ago we were 1.3% chance of finishing 17th and even less at lower, while Crystal Palace were 99,8% certain to go down.

Interesting that some posters still do not think another manager could do any better with our squad than Lambert, I wonder how many Palace fans thought that a change of manager would be a waste of time for them.

Interesting that some posters still do not think another manager could do any better with our squad than Lambert, I wonder how many Palace fans thought that a change of manager would be a waste of time for them.

To be fair Palace have looked a lot more solid since they brought in Dann and Ledley in January. As much as Pulis has worked wonders he has not done it on the cheap. Same as when he was at Stoke where he actually spent a fair bit.

We could only afford to bring in Bertrand and Holt in January. Where Lambert has messed up is not bringing in another CB instead of Holt as we aren't utilising him now, even with Benteke and Kozak injured.

I make that Tonev, Helenius, Luna and Holt that Lambert has signed now and either used sparingly or not at all.

Wasting the limited funds available is one of the reasons why we could go down.

We played some really nice football at the begining of the season I for one was buzzing at the prospect of this season. What the ******* happened??

We played some really nice football for the first 2 games. I can't remember anything that encouraging about the way we played after that although it seemed good enough to stay up without to much worry.

What happened is Bentake and Kozak both got injured which meant no more goals.

To be fair Palace have looked a lot more solid since they brought in Dann and Ledley in January. As much as Pulis has worked wonders he has not done it on the cheap. Same as when he was at Stoke where he actually spent a fair bit.

We could only afford to bring in Bertrand and Holt in January. Where Lambert has messed up is not bringing in another CB instead of Holt as we aren't utilising him now, even with Benteke and Kozak injured.

I make that Tonev, Helenius, Luna and Holt that Lambert has signed now and either used sparingly or not at all.

Wasting the limited funds available is one of the reasons why we could go down.

That and starting Weimann every game, FFS he only scores once every 12 games.

But it's not because Pullis is a good manager and Lambert is an incompetent halfwit? No some would have us believe it's the other way round? Amazing? When Tony joined Palace they had 7 points! No wonder there is a  strong call for him to be awarded manager of the season? 

We will just survive without winning another game IMO! Lambert is incapable of inspiring or motivating the team!

With no impact additions, as it stands now, and Benteke stays: 14th.

Benteke leaves and it's another desperate battle, which we just might lose this time.

Wanted to check what I predicted in the summer, and it was easy. On the first page was the above: 14th if Benteke stays.

I know this has been a year for the pessimists, and my prediction was pessimistic at the time. Now it's still possible, but rather optimistic.

Benteke leaves and it's another desperate battle, which we just might lose this time.

Wanted to check what I predicted in the summer, and it was easy. On the first page was the above: 14th if Benteke stays.

I know this has been a year for the pessimists, and my prediction was pessimistic at the time. Now it's still possible, but rather optimistic.

This hasn't been a year for the pessimists it has been a year for the realists, you know, the ones that can see the wood for the trees!

• Like 1

This hasn't been a year for the pessimists it has been a year for the realists, you know, the ones that can see the wood for the trees!

Hehe ok, by definition you're right. This is the reality.

Hehe ok, by definition you're right. This is the reality.

Of course I am right. It is my curse.  :)

Â