Where will we finish ?

If we play as we have been playing we will finish in the top six easy. The top four has to be our goal next season, especially since Petrov has started playing so well and Young will be even better next season.

Oh sorry it's not 2008. I was just watching the 5-1 win and got caught up in it. Mixed feelings watching it. It'll make you happy but then depressed when you realise how far we've fallen.

Anyway I guess we won't be relegated this season.

• Like 3

I doubt we will be any higher than where we are now but I actually think Benteke being out might just give us a different edge. I know it sounds mad because he is a good player but we may play more as a unit and stop hoofing it up field every 2 minutes.

13th

We didn't actually do too badly when he got injured earlier in the season, he was out for 9 games and we got 13 points from them

Great, pro rata that means we get about 10 points from our remaining games and end up with 44 points!

We didn't actually do too badly when he got injured earlier in the season, he was out for 9 games and we got 13 points from them

Great, pro rata that means we get about 10 points from our remaining games and end up with 44 points!

My sarcasm detectors in the shop at the mo, but I was talking to the guy that said we'd struggle to win a game without him :P

Another season I simply want over now. I have been saying for weeks it doesn't matter if we finish on 38 or 44 points for me we have simply stood still this season. There has been no progress.

As I have heard someone say once or twice this season next season "we go again" and for a while until reality tells us different we can all dream that this great club may start to make strides back towards where it should be.

Edited by markavfc40

My sarcasm detectors in the shop at the mo, but I was talking to the guy that said we'd struggle to win a game without him :P
I do actually think there is a chance the other guys will step up to the plate and start playing better themselves (at present they tend to channel everything to Benteke & leave it to him. So I wasn't being entirely sarcastic. Edited by briny_ear

Another season I simply want over now. I have been saying for weeks it doesn't matter if we finish on 38 or 44 points for me we have simply stood still this season. There has been no progress.

As I have heard someone say once or twice this season next season "we go again" and for a while until reality tells us different we can all dream that this great club may start to make strides back towards where it should be.

Have to agree.

I know some will be demanding an open bus tour celebration if we get 42 pts but after the way we finished last year, the early work bringing in the new players and our very promising first few games this season has been yet another shit one. Very few signs that we'll see much improvement next year. At this rate we might get 50 points by the 18/19 season.

Â