Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

Good.

Also watched the MOTD 2 analysis just (couldn't bear to watch the highlights) and they called it right I think. Townsend barely got a kick the first 30 minutes, then scores the goal and morphed into Towensendo for the rest of the game which would be very difficult  for any left back to handle.

Particularly as we were pushing men forward in the second half and our formation means we regularly expose our full backs to 1 v 1s on regular occasions.

I thought he was good yesterday, 1st half Townsend was marshalled well but in 2nd half we were chasing the game and Luna was pushing down left wing he was bound to give Townsend more freedom and space

• Like 1

Equal parts great and shit yesterday again. The amount of times he went AWOL and left a huge gaping hole at left back was ridiculous

But when he got forward he did try at least. But at this level you can't be gung-ho like that IMHO

Luna did very well yesterday. Like all you are saying, in the beginning he kept townsend quiet. Then, when we were behind, he saw that we can't get forward and decided (or was told by PL) to take more risk and get the ball forward to give us a chance. He's not inhuman, not yet at least, so he got a bit tired and townsend got free a couple times.

Love him!

Did anyone watch Gary Neville's analysis of Townsend last night? He was actually quite praiseworthy of Luna, just said he got worn out by the winger.

Certainly fitness and getting used to the Premier league will come.

Luna was one of the few players I saw trying to push the ball forward and make something happen in the later period of the second half. Can't deny that he tries his best every time he walks on to the pitch. 

• Like 1

Needed more help against Townsend really, constantly battling him whilst bombing up to aid our attack wore him into the ground. Didn't help that we became more open after the introduction of Benteke. Impressive player - it looks like full back is our strongest position at the moment.

Yes, weird how things can change...

Any word on his injury? We definitely got worse when he had to go off.

True. Both our goals were conceded after he was subbed.

If he is out, I would like Lowton brought back into the side.

Â