Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

I'm with Kwan. That formation offers little protection for the full-backs. He still wasn't great but not bad either.

Another thought:

It's funny how our expectations mold our views.

Isa expected Luna to be poor - he was ok - nothing to complain really.

I expected Luna to be good - he was ok - not the best of games.

I personally though for both their goals, Luna could of closed down the crosses at the very least. It was very disappointing how both crosses were delivered unchallenged, the quality of the delivery was very high and with Luna at least attempting to close down that could of been hindered in my opinion.

Bacuna looked shaky at times but they had a lot less success from that side because at the very least I feel Bacuna got stuck in.

We won so I'm not too bothered but I think he could of closed down better at least.

I personally though for both their goals, Luna could of closed down the crosses at the very least. It was very disappointing how both crosses were delivered unchallenged, the quality of the delivery was very high and with Luna at least attempting to close down that could of been hindered in my opinion.

Bacuna looked shaky at times but they had a lot less success from that side because at the very least I feel Bacuna got stuck in.

We won so I'm not too bothered but I think he could of closed down better at least.

This is basically the reason why I didn't think he was so good yesterday. Also, he didn't get forward much.

However, at least in the first goal, it didn't look such a dangerous place to cross to me. It was just a great header.

I'm with Kwan. That formation offers little protection for the full-backs. He still wasn't great but not bad either.

Damn Isa, I thought you would try to have a go at me, but I guess a win has melted you. ;)

As I say, when he was constantly up against two players, I find it difficult to be too harsh on him.

For the first one he was up against both Clyne and Lallana. He stuck with Lallana probably because the deeper cross is usually less threat then one from the byline. The second again was deep and Luna left it to Delph who was running towards the player. Harsh to blame him for either I think.

• 2 weeks later...
Â