Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

I think he has been fine since coming in - don't get the "he is shit defensively" stuff.

Well he isn't the greatest positionally, but can cover this with his pace to burn. If his positioning gets better with experience, he'll develop into a really strong defender for us.

• Like 1

I think he has been fine since coming in - don't get the "he is shit defensively" stuff.

Well he isn't the greatest positionally, but can cover this with his pace to burn. If his positioning gets better with experience, he'll develop into a really strong defender for us.

Yep the one thing you need above everything else as a fullback is pace. The rest you can work on!

• Like 1

'He was better going forward' is another way of saying he was poor defensively. ;)

I'd drop him for Southampton to be honest. The prospect of him up against Lallana fills me with dread!

'He was better going forward' is another way of saying he was poor defensively. ;)

I'd drop him for Southampton to be honest. The prospect of him up against Lallana fills me with dread!

I mean it's safe to say it's the norm for him.:)

The reason I like Luna is mostly his contribution going forward. And that is because our midfield is what it is. So we need something else. Luna gives us width, which we lack desperately.

He won't be dropped. Apart from me thinking there's no reason to, it seems like Lambert likes him quite a bit, since he brought him back to the line up as soon as Luna was fit enough to play. Also, our only other natural LB Bennet is injured, so dropping Luna would mean Baker gets back moving Clark to LB. Do you think that's better? I don't, and clearly neither does Lambert.

Yeah drop him, the last thing we need is a clean sheet. He played well, end of.

I mean it's safe to say it's the norm for him.:)

The reason I like Luna is mostly his contribution going forward. And that is because our midfield is what it is. So we need something else. Luna gives us width, which we lack desperately.

He won't be dropped. Apart from me thinking there's no reason to, it seems like Lambert likes him quite a bit, since he brought him back to the line up as soon as Luna was fit enough to play. Also, our only other natural LB Bennet is injured, so dropping Luna would mean Baker gets back moving Clark to LB. Do you think that's better? I don't, and clearly neither does Lambert.

I'd probably put Bacuna on the left and Lowton on the right as we did at West Ham.

Yeah drop him, the last thing we need is a clean sheet. He played well, end of.

Such a poor argument that it doesn't even deserve addressing.

I'd probably put Bacuna on the left and Lowton on the right as we did at West Ham.

So Luna out and Lowton in with Bacuna playing on the wrong side. And your goal is to be better defensively?

No thanks. I don't recall Bacuna playing so well on that side. Anyway, for some reason that experiment did not last long.

Lowton in and maybe KEA out, that I could try.

Edited by AVTuco

You clearly didn't watch the West Ham game if you think there was something particularly wrong with Bacuna's performance that day.

The problem is that lots of people seem to have this obsession with judging full-backs on their offensive contribution rather then their defensive contribution. If it is a choice between a 'more comfortable going-forward' Luna or a 'more solid defensively' Bacuna, I'll go for Bacuna all day long.

Edited by Isa

Â