Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

No surprise he played well...him and Jesus Navas grew up together at Sevilla so Toni would know Navas's game inside out and would probably have been extra motivated to keep his mate quiet which he pretty much did.

Good to see after a dodgy few games.

There was one move where our back line stepped up, I assume to try and play the offside trap, but Luna stayed back which gave him a head start to get into the position Navas decided to run towards. I certainly agree that he must've known this from growing up at the academy with him.

Funny how some players just instantly grow on you......like a handsomely coiffured beard. I like players who are hard-working, passionate footballers and they won't come much more like that than Antonio Luna.

I agree. It's the thing I like most about Villa. At the end of the day we're not a good side and we won't really win anything until we have our very own Arab. But at least, unlike those who DO have their very own Arab, we have kept some of the important aspects that are disappearing from football like love for the club, passion, effort, professionalism and a real desire to do well for each other. Just look at them all at the end of the Man City game. Who didn't feel like they wanted to run onto the pitch and go mental with them??

But then again, that might all be clichéd nonsense. Maybe I'm just drawn in by the beard also.

• Like 2

Funny how some players just instantly grow on you......like a handsomely coiffured beard. I like players who are hard-working, passionate footballers and they won't come much more like that than Antonio Luna.

I agree. It's the thing I like most about Villa. At the end of the day we're not a good side and we won't really win anything until we have our very own Arab. But at least, unlike those who DO have their very own Arab, we have kept some of the important aspects that are disappearing from football like love for the club, passion, effort, professionalism and a real desire to do well for each other. Just look at them all at the end of the Man City game. Who didn't feel like they wanted to run onto the pitch and go mental with them??

But then again, that might all be clichéd nonsense. Maybe I'm just drawn in by the beard also.

No nonsense. The spirit in this side is infectious, from the manager on down. Look at how each goal was celebrated yesterday and the full-time whistle.

Isn't KEA our very own Arab?

• Like 2

I thought his tactic of letting El Mohammedi cross was tactically brilliant. He had a mare with his crossing all game 

The evening mail writer wasn't impressed with his performance. Good job El Mohammedi couldn't cross and he hardly got forward to supply and supply any crosses. In all honesty Bennett would have got forward more.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Lord Townsend was featured a lot but he didn't threaten except for a few times and can someone get him a little protection?

Battled Lord Townsend well for most of the game and got forward well again.

• Like 1

Yes, he did well especially going forward. His mishaps on defense came when we were already behind and he was trying to get something going offensively. I love how he changes his game depending on how the match is progressing. Not many of our players can do that.

If you watch him in more detail, Antonio has a touch of class.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

Â