Nicklas Helenius

bickster

I wish him all the best. Darren Fletcher went through something similar with IBD. Guess you always fear the worst when these type of things happen.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but getting a bacteria is a world apart from a chronic bowel illness. Darren Fletcher will need to cope with IBS for the rest of his life! It's not just a case of taking antibiotics and that's it as it seems to be with Helenius.

I wish him all the best. Darren Fletcher went through something similar with IBD. Guess you always fear the worst when these type of things happen.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but getting a bacteria is a world apart from a chronic bowel illness. Darren Fletcher will need to cope with IBS for the rest of his life! It's not just a case of taking antibiotics and that's it as it seems to be with Helenius.

I think he was talking about the psychological aspects of it, which is clearly what the real problem has been with Nicklas.

Well that explains a lot. Good luck, Nick.

What little I saw of him last season I thought he looked good on the ball and he just needed a run of games to adapt and prove himself.

Really hope he's back fully fit in the C&B one day soon.

Have a feeling he will be back based on that. A horrendous experience, yet more evidence (if it was needed) that these guys are human beings, occasionally with human issues. You'd like to think in future we might show a little more patience.

Let's get him a good season behind him, get his confidence and his form back and give it another shot.

• Like 3

**** horrible to hear, hopefully he feels better back home and can get his health back together. Obviously different scenarios but we havent had much luck in recent seasons for our players with Petrov and Helenius now, I think Hendrie and even Herd has had problems recently as well :(

Could that be the reason we didn't give the number 9 shirt to anybody else? As means to say "it's here waiting when you're ready" as such.

That could be the case as nothing on Villa side to really write him off.  We kept this in house and took the flak for not playing him etc.

I think Villa played this right, just like Mcgrath suicide attempt never made the papers.  

• Like 4

Sensible from the club. Not something you want leaking to the press until the player is comfortable talking about it. I imagine the loan was agreed for Nicklas' mental health and a chance to get him some play time. The door is left open for a return.

• Like 1

No way, we all know he never played because Lambert is a word removed?

amirite? :rolleyes:

I never read that. I only ever read that it was agreed plan by helenius and Lambert that he wouldn't play for a year. Quite clearly that's rubbish.

Hopefully he gets himself better and returns for another chance.

This board was full of it ' He should be fit by now, why is Holt starting and not Helenius, why did Lambert sign him and not play him, Lambert is clueless'

Then we had ' I know from a mate from a mate from a mate that the guys attitude stinks, that's why he isn't in the frame.

Just goes to show we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes sometimes.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 3

Feel for the guy. After experiencing a year like that I can't imagine he will be too keen to come back. Doubt we will see him again to be honest.

"One should not miss. I have learned from what I have been through and comes opportunity, I will have the courage to take off again. Let me stress that the only plan right now is that I have to back in top form. What happens later on, we have to wait and see"

Sounds like he's up for it to me. Hope so, clearly a talented lad.

"The player still has another year on his contract at Villa and said he is willing to return to the Premier League club once his loan spell back at Aalborg expires."

"Willing" is an interesting word there.  I'd assume we've probably seen the last of him.

LAMBERT OUT!! :angry:

No way, we all know he never played because Lambert is a word removed?

amirite? :rolleyes:

I never read that. I only ever read that it was agreed plan by helenius and Lambert that he wouldn't play for a year. Quite clearly that's rubbish.

Hopefully he gets himself better and returns for another chance.

This board was full of it ' He should be fit by now, why is Holt starting and not Helenius, why did Lambert sign him and not play him, Lambert is clueless'

Then we had ' I know from a mate from a mate from a mate that the guys attitude stinks, that's why he isn't in the frame.

Just goes to show we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes sometimes.

Oh fair enough then. I don't remember too much insulting of Lambert over this one. But if there was you're right no one really knows whats happening.

Â