Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Well that doesn't sound good in regards to the way we looked after him.

That summer really was terrible for player signings.

Yes it was. At least Lambert has learnt this year and bought players with some experience. Good luck to Helenius, he ain't coming back.

It pains me to admit but I don't think he'll be back either. He really looked like he had the potential to be a very good player.

Last night Aalborg progressed from

Europe Leagues tough group J.

3 impressive wins at home against Rio Ave, Dynamo Kiev and Steaua Bucharest were enough to progress, even though we lost all 3 away matches.

Last nights 2-0 defeat in Portugal were an awful match and result against a team who had nothing to play for. Dynamo Kievs win in Bucharest secured our place in the knockout out round.

I must admit that Helenius again played a very poor game. In fact Helenius is nominated as one of the biggest disappointments of the danish Superliga.

Most Aalborg supporters expected much more from Helenius this automn.

I don't expect Helenius returning to Villa. Helenius have participated in most of Aalborgs matches (lack of better alternative), but he's also spend much time as a substitute on the bench.

Hopefully he gets much better in the spring season of the Superliga

Edited by Aalborg BK

Last night Aalborg progressed from

Europe Leagues tough group J.

3 impressive wins at home against Rio Ave, Dynamo Kiev and Steaua Bucharest were enough to progress, even though we lost all 3 away matches.

Last nights 2-0 defeat in Portugal were an awful match and result against a team who had nothing to play for. Dynamo Kievs win in Bucharest secured our place in the knockout out round.

I must admit that Helenius again played a very poor game. In fact Helenius is nominated as one of the biggest disappointments of the danish Superliga.

Most Aalborg supporters expected much more from Helenius this automn.

I don't expect Helenius returning to Villa. Helenius have participated in most of Aalborgs matches (lack of better alternative), but he's also spend much time as a substitute on the bench.

Hopefully he gets much better in the spring season of the Superliga

Thanks for the update.

Its a pity to see he has regrsssed since signing for Villa. Obviously illness may have played a part in this. Be nice to see him at least return to the form he had before he came here.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Aalborg resumed training today after the winter break. In an interview with danish media (newspaper BT) Helenius said that he doesn't hope returning to Villa. Helenius actually said that he haven't spoken with anyone from Aston Villa in a very long time.

If the rumour is true , and he was a victim of bullying , then it's to be expected , that he's still getting over the truma of that whole experience . I don't blame him one bit for not wanting to come back . I detest bullies .

One would assume that the bullies have been sacked

Aalborg resumed training today after the winter break. In an interview with danish media (newspaper BT) Helenius said that he doesn't hope returning to Villa. Helenius actually said that he haven't spoken with anyone from Aston Villa in a very long time.

That is ridiculous

If Helenius does not return, then we have failed as a club. This won't look good for other younger players who want are considering signing for us. 

How hard is it for Lambert to give him a ring occasionally and ask how he is getting on? 

If Helenius does not return, then we have failed as a club. This won't look good for other younger players who want are considering signing for us. 

How hard is it for Lambert to give him a ring occasionally and ask how he is getting on? 

Bit over the top. His problems were and are pretty unique, I don't think other young players need to worry about replicating those circumstances. And at the end of the day, he obviously just doesn't want to return.

Bit over the top. His problems were and are pretty unique, I don't think other young players need to worry about replicating those circumstances. And at the end of the day, he obviously just doesn't want to return.

Thats about it really - Long and short of it - promising youngster who doesn't live up to that promise. Hope he returns to full health and finds contentment in whatever he does.

• Like 1

That really is a load of crap. Did you bother to read what was wrong with him. We gave him all the support he needed and sent him back to his home to recover and try to get his career back on track. The rest is up to him now. He is back with his family and friends. When he starts delivering the goods he'll hear from us.

• Like 2

That really is a load of crap. Did you bother to read what was wrong with him. We gave him all the support he needed and sent him back to his home to recover and try to get his career back on track. The rest is up to him now. He is back with his family and friends. When he starts delivering the goods he'll hear from us.

Yes I know exactly what happened, but since we have sent him back, no one from the club has even had the courtesy to ask him how he is doing? That makes it seem like no one cares about him at the club and does not really care what happens. 

Â