Nicklas Helenius

bickster

If Helenius does not return, then we have failed as a club. This won't look good for other younger players who want are considering signing for us.

How hard is it for Lambert to give him a ring occasionally and ask how he is getting on?

That really is a load of crap. Did you bother to read what was wrong with him. We gave him all the support he needed and sent him back to his home to recover and try to get his career back on track. The rest is up to him now. He is back with his family and friends. When he starts delivering the goods he'll hear from us.

Yes I know exactly what happened, but since we have sent him back, no one from the club has even had the courtesy to ask him how he is doing? That makes it seem like no one cares about him at the club and does not really care what happens.

You know this for a fact? Seems unlikely to me.

If the rumour is true , and he was a victim of bullying , then it's to be expected , that he's still getting over the truma of that whole experience . I don't blame him one bit for not wanting to come back . I detest bullies .

Trauma? Really, my oh my don't we live in a delicate little world these days.

I can understand someone returning from a warzone traumatized, I can imagine someone who witnessed a horrific murder as being traumatized, I can imagine someone who was abused regularly as a child growing up to be traumatized but someone being traumatized by bullying, at the age of 20-odd, **** needs to grow a pair IMO

Edited by bannedfromHandV

If the rumour is true , and he was a victim of bullying , then it's to be expected , that he's still getting over the truma of that whole experience . I don't blame him one bit for not wanting to come back . I detest bullies .

I can understand someone returning from a warzone traumatized, I can imagine someone who witnessed a horrific murder as being traumatized, I can imagine someone who was abused regularly as a child growing up to be traumatized but someone being traumatized by bullying, at the age of 20-odd, **** needs to grow a pair IMO

It isn't always so clear cut - it affects people differently. How the person perceives it is reality for them. It doesn't make any difference if others shrug it off as nothing. - his perception is reality.

While I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't come back, equally I wouldn't be surprised to see him return either.

what if he became a monk?
That would be cool, I don't think we've ever had a monk playing for us.

Only thing is, he might get into bad habits.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

If Helenius does not return, then we have failed as a club. This won't look good for other younger players who want are considering signing for us.

How hard is it for Lambert to give him a ring occasionally and ask how he is getting on?

That really is a load of crap. Did you bother to read what was wrong with him. We gave him all the support he needed and sent him back to his home to recover and try to get his career back on track. The rest is up to him now. He is back with his family and friends. When he starts delivering the goods he'll hear from us.
Yes I know exactly what happened, but since we have sent him back, no one from the club has even had the courtesy to ask him how he is doing? That makes it seem like no one cares about him at the club and does not really care what happens.

This is going off what he stated to the reporters so unless he is lying, then yes I know this for a fact. 

This is going off what he stated to the reporters so unless he is lying, then yes I know this for a fact. 

Source please.

Source please.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/08/hard-to-imagine-that-i-ever-come-back-declares-aston-villa-loane/

Well, it's hard to argue there's a MASSIVE difference! (Strictly speaking, "a very long time" could be a longer period than since he left the club.)

With a statement like "I find it hard to imagine that I ever come back to the club again. Actually, I have not talked to a single person from the English club for a very long time." it's hard to be optimistic about seeing him back at Villa, for those who are bothered about whether he returns (which I'm not).

Well, it's hard to argue there's a MASSIVE difference! (Strictly speaking, "a very long time" could be a longer period than since he left the club.)

With a statement like "I find it hard to imagine that I ever come back to the club again. Actually, I have not talked to a single person from the English club for a very long time." it's hard to be optimistic about seeing him back at Villa, for those who are bothered about whether he returns (which I'm not).

It's really not. Without exact definition time is a construct of the mind. A long time to Helenius could be a couple of weeks and I don't know what is "normal" in this situation. There could also be translation issues, in fact there are likely to be.

Again, another case of people beating the club and her manager without any actual evidence of wrongdoing. At no point in that article is it suggested that NOBODY from the club has at ANY TIME contacted Helenius to see how he's doing, yet that is the criticism aimed at them. Boils my piss it does.

On a separate note; no, he clearly won't be coming back.

It's really not. Without exact definition time is a construct of the mind. A long time to Helenius could be a couple of weeks and I don't know what is "normal" in this situation. There could also be translation issues, in fact there are likely to be.

Again, another case of people beating the club and her manager without any actual evidence of wrongdoing. At no point in that article is it suggested that NOBODY from the club has at ANY TIME contacted Helenius to see how he's doing, yet that is the criticism aimed at them. Boils my piss it does.

Have to agree with you. I think it is a real shame that the move didn't work out and if there was bullying I'd assume the culprits are long gone now (Culverhouse and Karsa). Also, we see week in week out that the players love Lambert and he is clearly a good man manager if not anything else, so if there hasn't been communication with Helenius there must be a reason behind that.

Have to agree with you. I think it is a real shame that the move didn't work out and if there was bullying I'd assume the culprits are long gone now (Culverhouse and Karsa). Also, we see week in week out that the players love Lambert and he is clearly a good man manager if not anything else, so if there hasn't been communication with Helenius there must be a reason behind that.

Really????  Well they don't show it on the pitch with there inconsistances. If this is true I believe its because Lambert is more of a friend to the squad than there manager, this is how I see it at the games week in week out, I don't see a disiplined system.

• 4 weeks later...

In two weeks Aalborg plays at home against Club Bruges from Belgium in the round of 32 in the knockout stage of the UEFA Europa League.

Still on winterbreak Aalborg are playing friendly matches these days as a preparation to the encounter with Bruges and the start of the Superliga.

Until yesterday Helenius didn't play well, however yesterday Helenius played a good game against the russian champions

CSKA Moscow. Although Aalborg lost 4-2 against a very good russian side, Helenius scored 2 goals in the game. Especially the first goal was magnificient.

After the game Helenius were not happy due to very questionable defending, however on a personal level he were quite happy scoring two goals. Hopefully he gets a lot of confidence from this game.

Aalborg are currently in Spain. Saturday they play against Shakhtar Donetsk, the last game on the training camp is against Torpedo Moscow.

• Like 2

Maybe he was abused as a child, and that's why the bullying at age 20-odd has had such an effect. Are you really telling a man who has shown signs of depression to 'grow a pair'? 

Especially considering the illness he went through as well. Strange post.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There have been a few American athletes over the years who have had to leave teams due to social anxiety disorder, which afflicts a surprisingly large percentage of populations in the West. Maybe Helenius was one of them and snapped under the ridicule or whatever was going on. Not neccesarliy as cut and dried as you make it seem.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice of Nicklas, love to see him back next season to see what he can do!! i think he could be a good player for us and hopefully he feels Sherwood might give him a chance now!!

Fair play to him tweeting about Villa!!

Nicklas Helenius @NicklasHelenius 2 hrs2 hours ago
Come on villa today!!!

https://twitter.com/nicklashelenius

Nice wee tweet of support from Nicklas there in support of the Villa tonight. Wonder has TS reached out to him. Didn't think he had any real affinity with us after his time here.

ah, didn't see your reply El-Reacho before i posted :D

Â