Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Why don't the club ever actually tell us these things?

Because it's a private personal issue. It's only now that he has started to come out the other end he feels comfortable enough to talk about it. Well done to the club for protecting him through a tough time I say.

Maybe Spoony meant the bit about how he's doing in Denmark?

...because it would, sadly, be quickly be labelled.propaganda like everything else they report.

Tbf I meant both but I get it was personal and I respect that. But now it is made public, why don't the club report on it? That way we can offer our support as well but instead it's just pushed to one side. This seems to happen when we sell some players and also when we sign youngsters or whatever, we have to get it from other sources. I just think it would be better with these things if the club could report on it (once it has become public/ the player is fine with it) so we can actually get the truth and back our players properly.

Aston Villa striker Nicklas Helenius has revealed that he has no desire to return to the midlands after moving back to Aalborg BK on a season-long loan this summer.

Helenius, 23, made a £1.2 million move to Villa last June after netting 16 times in 34 games for his childhood club during the 2012-13 season, but would go on to taste just 147 minutes of first-team action over the course of the campaign in six league and cup appearances as a substitute.

Deemed surplus to requirements this summer before returning to the Danish Superliga, it’s since been revealed that the Danish striker contracted a bacterial infection which left him fearing death and addicted to sleeping pills.

His career looks to have been somewhat revitalised upon moving back to Aalborg, however, having scored four goals in 17 games so far, but, despite still having two seasons to run on his Villa contract, the two-times capped international wants to put his tumultuous spell in England behind him for good.

‘No, I do not want to [return] as of now, and I do not think they want me’ he told Ekstra Bladet.

‘There were many things that happened over there after I got sick, and it won’t change much if I return. I think it's best for me to be either here [Aalborg] or somewhere else next season.

‘It's not something I can go into detail right now,’ he added, when asked about whether he had issues with how Villa handled his illness.

‘It’s been an insanely difficult time, but now I can make out the light ahead.’

Link

Original Article

Edited by packoman

Brief update again, as i can see turnbull asked about the Kiev match. He played a really good match against Dynamo Kiev in the Europa League - Kiev are a really strong team, i'd say they looked better than the Man. City team we played back in '09 Europa League knock out stage. They really play football. Helenius held the ball well, we saw some dribbling and he was generally strong on the ball. He made a lot of good passes and did a lot of defensive work. He should have scored a goal, had a huge chance, but that part of his game is still missing unfortunately. But we will live, 3-0 against Kiev :) We will probably get our asses kicked next week in Ukraine.

This evening we played in the danish league, where Helenius started on the bench. I presume to rest him.... He was subbed on in 65th minute and forced an own goal in the 94. minute so we won 1-0 on a lousy away with artificial turf. He would have scored, if the defender had'nt headed it into his own goal, so it looks like he is getting the hang of it again. Goals will come.

And regarding the articles about him not wanting to go back. He has said that in danish media, primarily because he does not expect Villa to want him back, by the sounds of it. If Lambert said that he wanted to play him next season, i'm pretty sure he would join up with the team. But let's see what happens.

Edited by AaB-Aalborg
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Following the decent form of Hutton and Okore, after supposedly being judged to have not been 'good enough/ ready', does anyone wonder whether Helenius could do a job for us? I'd certainly like to see him in the place of Gabby/ Weimann/ Zog on the odd occasion.

I hope we don't sell him at the end of his loan. He never looked that out of his depth last season, to me.

(No doubt, if he does come back and play well, some people will credit Lambert or 'the club' with this masterstroke).

Â