Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Has balls because he duly obliges to whatever shit he's been put through? Is this the same as McLesh having balls because he's left a relegated team to sign for Villa for a hefty payrise? Balls. 

Deadly was an awful owner but I don't recall him dictating which players to be brought in and out of the squad. This is Venky's style ridiculous. 

Balls for staying, in my opinion, sorry I always forget you're not to say anything positive about Lambert. My bad!

Has balls because he duly obliges to whatever shit he's been put through? Is this the same as McLesh having balls because he's left a relegated team to sign for Villa for a hefty payrise? Balls. 

Deadly was an awful owner but I don't recall him dictating which players to be brought in and out of the squad. This is Venky's style ridiculous. 

Maybe he has "balls" because he is able so quickly to go back on his brave words of just 16 days ago

Lambert: Villa have to spend

Paul Lambert today feared Villa are risking their Premier League lives if they do not start spending.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Rumours in Sweden that (my favourite) team over here in Sweden IFK Göteborg has bid for Helenius.

Great club, I remember the Europa league fixture between them and Derry years ago. Shame about the result, for you guys :P

I think it'd be mad to sell Helenius, a loan would be good for him. Always thought he looked good with the ball at his feet.

Looked good most of the times he got to play. Don't understand why he isn't rated by the manager. Must be something more to it than purely lack of skills.

Looked good most of the times he got to play. Don't understand why he isn't rated by the manager. Must be something more to it than purely lack of skills.

Yep that wasn't enough to stop Bowery getting a game. Ability doesn't seem to be important to Lambert when picking the team

I don't understand this. Lambert was the one who signed him, yet never gave him a chance at all. I thought Helenius looked ok in pre season.

Maybe he wasn't scouted properly before we signed him and it became apparent he wasn't good enough?

Each time I saw him play (not much) he looked totally lost, yes he his control was good but he needs more time on the ball than he will get in the Premiership so even given our dire form last season I wasn't surprised he was not called on.

I haven't seen anything of Danish football but it's obviously not the same as the Premier League which is why I couldn't get and still don't the excitement around Okore, again the little I saw of him I wasn't particularly impressed with what I saw.

That said I really do hope that Okore is the real deal and I fully realise that these players need a chance to settle into the team which is why I feel sorry for Helenus. We were having another season from hell without trying to bed in a player that Lambert apparently doesn't rate, if he leaves I wish him good luck for the future.

How many times does it need to be said that both player and manager said he prob wouldn't play when he signed. Why the constant need to blame Lambert or the scouting!? It's tiresome.

I hadn't seen it anywhere saying he wouldn't play when he signed? Assuming he was signed as a striker for the future, why not loan him out as soon as we got him, or allowed him to stay in Denmark?

Hopefully he'll get a shot in pre-season - he comes across as a very quiet kind of chap. Hopefully he wasn't one of the team affected by Culverhouse and Karsa in training.

I'd like to see him being given a go in the upcoming friendlies.

• Like 1

Didn't a coach say something about him at a function? I think it was Cowans? I seem to remember the coach saying they couldn't believe how bad he was at training. Park footballer.

How many times does it need to be said that both player and manager said he prob wouldn't play when he signed. Why the constant need to blame Lambert or the scouting!? It's tiresome.

That doesn't remotely add up, and here's why:

1) He did appear, very early on, in his Villa career, which suggests people didn't think he was a million miles from ready. 

2) He was given the number 9 shirt at the start of last season. 

3) His agent has spent the whole spring speculating about potential moves for him on Twitter, including an admission that it 'hasn't worked out' at Villa. 

He was signed to play - maybe not a lot, but definitely more than nothing at all. If he is indeed a 'park footballer', somebody ought to be held accountable for the purchase. 

• Like 3

Â