Nicklas Helenius

bickster

I honestly believe that Cornelius was too expensive and Helenius way too cheap.. they should have both been around 4-5mill.

Who is Cornelius?

Some chap who's similar to Helenius but scored more goals. (Didn't get as many assists though) 

He isn't exatly similiar, he is lacking the technique of Helenius but on the other hand is stronger and a good header..

bu they had similiar conditions.. they both played the danish league.. both scored a lot of goals

Cornelius 18 goals 1 assist
Helenius 16 goals 7 assists

they are both young..

Helenius 2 years older, but then again Helenius scored 16 goals the season previous to that

when Cornelius wasn't even a pro.

both of them sole targetmen of their teams

The difference is:
Cornelius is from the rich club FCK, they won the league and have a 15-20mill team, with no need to sell, who sold him to Cardif at 7mill
Helenius is from bankrupt Aab, with a strong need to sell, pure homegrown players and yet managed to get 5th place mainly because of Helenius,and Aab sold him to Aston Villa at 2mill

despite the fact that theyve had a pretty much identical run.
In my opinion you made a bargain, and I don't doubth that Cornelis could be a future star, but thats a lot of money for a guy who has only proven himself one season as professional
on the by far already best team in a lesser league, where Helenius played for a team that a year ago was doomed by the media to relegate and who now thanks to him is playing Europe League

Edited by P3nnyw1se
  • Like 1

I honestly believe that Cornelius was too expensive and Helenius way too cheap.. they should have both been around 4-5mill.

Who is Cornelius?

I AM CORNELIUS.

I AM CORNELIUS AND SO IS MY WIFE

• Like 1

I saw Cornelius on Planet of the Apes. He didn't look too much like a goal scorer to me. Nice long arms though so might make it as a goalkeeper.

David_WatsonCornelius.jpg

Edited by Texas_Mike
  • Like 1

Aalborg just lost 3-0 in the Europa League qualifiction in Tbilisi against FC Dila Gori from Georgia.

Our attack is awful without Helenius. Soeren Frederiksen and Jeppe Curth in the attack both played a miserable match. I guess my grandfather could have done better.

Questionable defending and awful attackers explains the disastrous result.

ive not seen helenius play (mainly because ive never heard of him) does he have what it takes to replace benteke as the main targetman, or would he best be suited to being an impact sub?

ive not seen helenius play (mainly because ive never heard of him) does he have what it takes to replace benteke as the main targetman, or would he best be suited to being an impact sub?

There's some great info from our new Danish friends in this very thread. Have a read.

I guess we shouldn't be using Benteke's chant for Helenius anymore!

How about using the tune from 'Happy Birthday to ya'?

Nik-las He-le-nius

(for those unfamiliar with the tune, it's not the normal happy birthday song...)

HAS to be

This is the dawning of the Age of Helenius

The Age of Helenius

Yep, short, catchy, funny and positive. It has all the hallmarks of a great chant :D

I popped that suggestion on the chants thread -

Look out, who's scoring?

Its a goal for Helenius

Nicklas Helenius

Helenius

Helenius!

Â