Nicklas Helenius

bickster

I guess we shouldn't be using Benteke's chant for Helenius anymore!

How about using the tune from 'Happy Birthday to ya'?

Nik-las He-le-nius

(for those unfamiliar with the tune, it's not the normal happy birthday song...)

...aka Happy Birthday by Stevie Wonder.

Some musician you are Rob! :P

I guess we shouldn't be using Benteke's chant for Helenius anymore!

How about using the tune from 'Happy Birthday to ya'?

Nik-las He-le-nius

(for those unfamiliar with the tune, it's not the normal happy birthday song...)

...aka Happy Birthday by Stevie Wonder.

Some musician you are Rob! :P

I'm a musician! Not a...... Person who reads anything other than VT!

Suprised that he was not included today against Wycombe, maybe he took a knock in trainning.

Kendrick said in his Brum Mail match report that Helenius was just rested.

The danish league (Superliga) started this weekend. Aalborg tonight very surprisingly won

2-1 at home against the reign champions

FC Copenhagen.

Both Aalborg goals were scored by our attackers, which have been hugely debated sine Helenius was sold.

The danish league (Superliga) started this weekend. Aalborg tonight very surprisingly won

FC Copenhagen.

Both Aalborg goals were scored by our attackers, which have been hugely debated sine Helenius was sold.

Congrats Aalborg! Hope you guys can keep it up. Who are the two young attackers taking over in Helenius' departure? Have the club invested much of the fee at all?

FC Copenhagen.

Congrats Aalborg! Hope you guys can keep it up. Who are the two young attackers taking over in Helenius' departure? Have the club invested much of the fee at all?

The club haven't yet bough a replacement. Since Helenius were sold the others strikers in the squad have got the chance.

Jeppe Curth scored the first goal in the match. Curth have been in and out of the team in years. Curth is most known from scoring a memorable header at Old Trafford in 2008 (Champions League).

Soeren Frederiksen became matchwinner scoring the decisive goal. Ironically S. Frederiksen signed with Aalborg in january, after FC Copenhagen didn't use him at all.

• Like 1

we do have one attacker in the making though..

He was pulled to the first team this season

he is 18, he is Lithuanian, his name is Lukas Spalvis.. and he has star potential

he has been knocking goals in for the reserves, and also for the first team in the pre-season

->
This is him for Lithuanias U21 national side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdXvXJJeuNw

Edited by P3nnyw1se

Think Helenius has found it hard adapting to the intensity of training Lambert has put in place this Summer. I know his agent said he was finding it hard.

He'll be fine, its quite a step up but hopefully it will help him improve his game even more.

Think Helenius has found it hard adapting to the intensity of training Lambert has put in place this Summer. I know his agent said he was finding it hard.

He'll be fine, its quite a step up but hopefully it will help him improve his game even more.

Glad to hear this. If he has got to where he has without any proper training we should see some real advances.

I said when we signed him he should be spending most of pre season in the gym.

No pain no gain!

"Lambert is also without Nicklas Helenius (knee)" - Daily Mail

Didn't Helenius' agent say that it was his back?

Is this a classic case of Daily Fail makes it up?

I expect they throw a dart at the outline of a body and report on where it hit.

Really? I've always thought those who write for that paper didn't know their arse from their elbow. :)

Really? I've always thought those who write for that paper didn't know their arse from their elbow. :)

They don't. The dart hit the head.

All being well and Helenius is fit for start of the season, i can see him starting against the gooners or is Benteke back?

Benteke will be back, unless he gets injured between now and the start of the season. He's never been out injured, just left out of Wycombe game as he's had less training than the rest of the squad and wasn't fit enough.

FC Copenhagen.

UTB! Up the Borg!

So Helenius isn't playing because he had a bit of a drawback?

Just hurt his back a little in training. It's a big change stepping up from a relatively small and basic training set up, to an intense training scheme two times a day at one of the countries finest training academies.

I think all the new guys will be fine, thank god we got them in early though.

Edited by samjp26

Â