Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Helenius needs more strengt in order to score goals like that consistently on PL level - as you have also observed, he is best when he gets a little room, which will not happen in PL (at least not very often). If you get 25M for Benteke i am sure you will buy a replacement. I am not saying that there is no chance that Helenius is able to step up to the challenge already from this season, but it will be a big risk to bet all your money on him. He is used to playing 4-4-2, so will also need to adjust to the new style of play. I don't see him as your front man on a regular basis in this season. Maybe in the hole or on the wings supporting the top striker, i think that is Lamberts plan for him.

I hope Villa get a replacement. Both for Villa and for Helenius. Give him a little time and patience :)

So how is his pace ?

not bad for him but he is not really a player that is so reliant on it.

Either way, the danish guy is right. We cannot and should not expect Helenius to step it up this season, I believe he will be a great signing but we should be a little bit patient with this one.

I'm asking that because it is said that he could play as a winger .. Because we already have Gabby and Tonev who have great pace .. Weimann isn't bad too .. So is it worth putting him instead one of those ? or just change the system to 4-4-2 when he's in ?! or put him behind the striker ?

Helenius needs more strengt in order to score goals like that consistently on PL level - as you have also observed, he is best when he gets a little room, which will not happen in PL (at least not very often). If you get 25M for Benteke i am sure you will buy a replacement. I am not saying that there is no chance that Helenius is able to step up to the challenge already from this season, but it will be a big risk to bet all your money on him. He is used to playing 4-4-2, so will also need to adjust to the new style of play. I don't see him as your front man on a regular basis in this season. Maybe in the hole or on the wings supporting the top striker, i think that is Lamberts plan for him.

I hope Villa get a replacement. Both for Villa and for Helenius. Give him a little time and patience :)

So how is his pace ?

not bad for him but he is not really a player that is so reliant on it.

Either way, the danish guy is right. We cannot and should not expect Helenius to step it up this season, I believe he will be a great signing but we should be a little bit patient with this one.

I'm asking that because it is said that he could play as a winger .. Because we already have Gabby and Tonev who have great pace .. Weimann isn't bad too .. So is it worth putting him instead one of those ? or just change the system to 4-4-2 when he's in ?! or put him behind the striker ?

He is pretty fast. Nothing crazy, but well above average i would say. He would not be a traditional winger, but a attacker on the wing - i think that would suit him fine. Probably he will also fit into the hole behind the striker as i said, as there will likely be a bit more room for his shooting. I have'nt seen enough Villa matches to say where he will fit the best, but Lambert will probably give you a hint in the preseason matches, as to where he sees him playing.

Looking forward to seeming him play, In his highlight videos he shows real moments of brilliance. Just think he'll need to settle and get used to the PL and then we'll have a really good player on our hands. 

I'll tell you what, fifth division team fair enough but our goal was a very good one. Intelligent play from Weimann, good first time cross from Lowton and Helenius knew where to be and what to do.

Their's was a good free-kick but we should have had a penalty ten seconds before :)

Edited by 8pints

Brief highlights, he is no replacement for Benteke IMO.

In reality, not many people are. You're talking about one of the best prospects in European football, whoever comes in to replace him shouldn't be expected to be of equal ability to Benteke.

Â