Nicklas Helenius

bickster

When Nicklas writes 'bad at english' he is comparing himself to other danes.

I'm 29 and have been to most countries in Europe at some point.

And I feel comfortable saying we danes probably speak the best english (not counting countries where english is the native tongue)

in fact, most under 50 are fluent, and most under 30 would be able to adapt a british accent in a matter of months.

The worst english speaking dane is still better than any french, spanish, italian guy.

@adz.villa ..

You can take the 'We love to fight and do cocain... and NICKLAS HELENIUS' away as his song

but you can never take away the way he stupidly snorts everytime he speaks, which I personally believe is the reason he got that song to begin with.

Well i know a few people from Norway Sweden Finland and the majority of them tend to think that Danish is the hardest to learn of all the scandinavian languages

And I feel comfortable saying we danes probably speak the best english (not counting countries where english is the native tongue)

in fact, most under 50 are fluent, and most under 30 would be able to adapt a british accent in a matter of months.

The worst english speaking dane is still better than any french, spanish, italian guy.

@adz.villa ..

You can take the 'We love to fight and do cocain... and NICKLAS HELENIUS' away as his song

but you can never take away the way he stupidly snorts everytime he speaks, which I personally believe is the reason he got that song to begin with.

Well i know a few people from Norway Sweden Finland and the majority of them tend to think that Danish is the hardest to learn of all the scandinavian languages

That's because the Danes don't bother pronouncing their words :P

And I feel comfortable saying we danes probably speak the best english (not counting countries where english is the native tongue)

@adz.villa ..

Well true, but Finland is the most different. Swedish,Norwegian and danish has similarities. I do think danish is much harder to understand than swedish 

I've often heard it said that linguistically there are similarities between English and Danish that make both easy (or easier) for the other to learn. In fact I've heard that Danish is the easiest language for a native English speaker to learn for those reasons. So the fact that Sweden, Norway & Finland happen to be traditionally 'Scandinavian' too is largely irrelevant from a language point of view.

And on the discussion of non-native fluency of English, I've no experience of Danes other than on the internet but I'd imagine the Netherlands might push you close on that.

"allegedly" Danish is the hardest language in the world to learn :o. I know swedes and norweigans and some Danes can speak to each other but never in danish, always swedish or norweigan :P

"allegedly" Danish is the hardest language in the world to learn :o. I know swedes and norweigans and some Danes can speak to each other but never in danish, always swedish or norweigan :P

While Danish is said to be the hardest Scandinavian language to learn because of its speaking patterns, grammatically it is relatively easy. Danish has only nine verb forms, including the passive, which while peculiar to Scandinavian languages is familiar to English speakers.

Finish has no relation to the other Scandinavian languages and is actually closer to Hungarian.

Norwegian and Swedish are pretty similar and Danish is in the same family but is the odd one out.

Danes can usually understand Swedes or Norwegians but those have trouble understanding what the Danes are saying.

There's not really any language which are close to finnish with the two exceptions, hungarian and estonian. Hungarian and finnish has some similar sounding words but that's it afaik, and similarities in grammar. Danish, swedish and norwegian are very different from finnish and those three languages are similar to english in many aspects since they also are latin-based.

Finnish is very hard to learn by foreigners, partly because it's not latin language, for example finnish has fifteen case forms for nouns. We don't use words like from/to/at etc nor articles, we 'bend' the words instead which is why there are so many form nouns.

Scores on his debut, reminds me of another previous signing.....

Carlton Cole?
Nahh Darren Bent or Gabby, he's talking about

Or Kevin Phillips, possibly even Dion Dublin!

Carlton Cole?

He is clearly talking about Zat Knight or maybe Milan Baros

I've often heard it said that linguistically there are similarities between English and Danish that make both easy (or easier) for the other to learn. In fact I've heard that Danish is the easiest language for a native English speaker to learn for those reasons. So the fact that Sweden, Norway & Finland happen to be traditionally 'Scandinavian' too is largely irrelevant from a language point of view.

And on the discussion of non-native fluency of English, I've no experience of Danes other than on the internet but I'd imagine the Netherlands might push you close on that.

Some english words, have their roots in old danish. Because the danish vikings settled in parts of england, and "Forced" the danish languge into english.... If you take words like "husband" it comes from the old danish word hùsbondí another word "they" which is the danish word "de" ;)

English citys that end on By... Like Grimsby! are most likely named by a viking settler, whos name was "Grim" Grimsby (By = town) Grimstown

Thats why there are so many similarities betwen English and danish :)

Bam... a little history on Villatalk :P

• Like 2

Carlton Cole?

Nah it's Mark Draper!

Carlton Cole?

Nah it's Mark Draper!

Bosko Balaban

:ph34r:

Â