Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

You simply have to say, if this ends up happening, that John Terry has balls of steel. I would argue that John Terry taking his first role at Newcastle carries way more pressure than Steven Gerrard at Rangers. Absolutely HUGE move. Pleased also that he didn't leave under a cloud, but genuinely wanted a far bigger test.

14 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

This is maybe not what we thought is it? Going after John Terry doesn't scream big money to be honest.

Yeah and the fact that they still haven’t appointed anyone. Surely they’d have been better off keeping Bruce for this weekend than having no one. Oh wait 😀

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Newcastle fans that welcomed the Saudi Royal family to the Toon with open arms are appalled at the idea of having John Terry in charge as employing a manager with his history of immorality would be a stain on their history apparently.

My hope for the sanity of humanity, is telling me this cant be true.

My head is telling me this is exactly what the average twitter mouth breather will be saying.

I think this might be the first time period in human history, that Evolution has decided to go backwards.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

My hope for the sanity of humanity, is telling me this cant be true.

My head is telling me this is exactly what the average twitter mouth breather will be saying.

I think this might be the first time period in human history, that Evolution has decided to go backwards.

Ever visited Florida?

Edited by sne
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

nope!, should i!?!?

Haha, nah I'd avoid it on general principle. Feels like people there are devolving and are slowly on their way to crawl back down the swamp they once came up from. Might be meth related :D 

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I just don’t even know what to think anymore. Nation states owning clubs doesn’t sit right with me at all. 

we should just do away with the local clubs, and create a whole new 38 game league, with England United, Saudi Arabia Wanderers, China City, USA MadDogs etc etc......and then each country can swing their dongs against the Country's GDP etc.......

On 28/10/2021 at 10:13, The Moustache of Teale said:

Some of the replies to this tweet from Newcastle’s new overseas ‘fan base’… words fail me.

Why couldn't the tail wag the dog? I see NUFC fans replying here in the right way - the Saudis might find that owning the club puts their shitty attitudes into the spotlight and progresses their modernisation more than they bargained for. 

It's a big possibility.

I said in the weekend thread they'll leave themselves too much to do if they're not careful. 

Next weekend they have Brighton away which they probably won't win either so that would leave them without a win from 11 games.

They probably need 10 wins to stay up so would leave any new manager needing 10 wins from 27 games which is a big ask especailly when they still have to play likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Man. City twice.

Think in 19/20 we had about 12 or 13 points after 11 games and we only stopped up on GD.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 4

It would be completely hilarious if they got relegated. 

Sadly I'm certain they would come straight back up.  They would probably keep most of their players by offering stupid money and buy some of the best Championship players.  It's doesn't take much for a relegated team to dominate and return these days sadly. 

However would delay the project by a year. 

Would be brilliant if they did a Villa though and despite spending a **** ton of money down there couldn't get back up.  See if the owners get bored and fed up with continuing bad press. 

• Like 1

Â