Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Newcastle will stay up 100%. They are not as bad as their results suggest and they are about to sign some good players. I also think that their manager is pretty good too. You can double your money backing them to stay up. Easy money.

9 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Newcastle will stay up 100%. They are not as bad as their results suggest and they are about to sign some good players. I also think that their manager is pretty good too. You can double your money backing them to stay up. Easy money.

I agree. I’ve put a tenner on the bottom 3 being Norwich, Burnley and Watford.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I'm not so sure - they will go big on recruitment but having done absolutely no background on these players as to their suitability to the club or any system - and any player coming now is coming solely for the payday, and I question that motivation because they will already have factored into their move the idea that NUFC are going down - will they turn up when it matters? There are also clubs near them who still have a large say in things. I'm no bookie but those odds are where they are for a reason IMHO.

watford are in freefall and sounds like they're about to sack ranieri. norwich are fked. really it's only 1 spot up for grabs which i suspect will be between burnley and newcastle to fight out. bet they stay up

though i do hope that PL clubs do what was rumoured and refuse to sell them any players. even barkley who we do know is a decent player when he's up for it

21 hours ago, Jareth said:

It looks pretty clear that they will get some experienced defenders this window, and that should give them a platform to go win games - they just need to turn some of those draws into wins and they are safe. But they will need to replace Wilson too. The only way they stay up is if all their buys hit the ground running - and clubs near them screw up. It's possible, but difficult. 

They probably need 5 players to improve them. Its really hard to do that in January and make them gel so quickly. 

I think Portsmouth did it once with Arry but that was definitely an exception 

They're apparently signing Trippier and Botman, and that's just the beginning, will be another four or five of similar quality. It's probably going to come down to how well they can gel, not really ideal signing that many first team players in summer, let alone January.

Edited by useless

Where the bloody hell has all this “Newcastle are definitely staying up” nonsense come from? They are where they are because they are absolutely shit, and the only two decent players they have are injured. 

All they are going to able to get is mercenaries and 4 or 5 of those with further piss off what’s already there. 

They are gone. 

35 minutes ago, av1 said:

Where the bloody hell has all this “Newcastle are definitely staying up” nonsense come from? They are where they are because they are absolutely shit, and the only two decent players they have are injured. 
All they are going to able to get is mercenaries and 4 or 5 of those with further piss off what’s already there. 

They are gone. 

They're 3 points off an equally shit team that they play at home in 2 weeks with around £100m worth of new players... 

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They're 3 points off an equally shit team that they play at home in 2 weeks with around £100m worth of new players... 

I’m not a betting man mate, but for the reasoning mentioned above, I still think they are down 

Fairly certain they will stay up.

The signings they will make will be drastic improvements on the players they already have. However it may come down to if the players they bring in have PL experience to gel a bit quicker, something we have been caught out with in the past.

Trippier is a huge improvement over Manquillo or Krafth, and I would imagine he wouldn't have gone there without assurances there will be further signings.

Botman would be another huge improvement, but may take time to adapt. Tarkowski would be a better short term option in my opinion.

2 hours ago, av1 said:

They are gone. 

Yep - even with the dross around them, they simply aren't good enough.

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's the degree of confidence with which some posters are saying they'll stay up that gets me. Like maybe they will, but I hardly think people should be confident about it! 

The bookmakers still have them at evens to go down

Can’t see them signing any true quality players this window and the business won’t all be done in one week..

Then if they sign players outside of England they are going to have to try settle in the cold north of England and in a relegation battle… that would be hell for a new player to the league! 

My gut feeling is, if they go the route of singing 5 players it will be more detrimental then positive. 

Plus let’s not forget the other teams at the bottom aren’t going to be shy of spending money on players either to improve their squads but with less players coming in it would be less disruptive to those clubs. 

For me Newcastle are down, they had a chance to hire a world class manager and only got Eddie Howe, I see their recruitment going the same way, mediocre. 

Â