Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

About normal I'd have thought to be honest, won't be many England players moving for less

If that's less than 4 years it's actually a decent looking deal for them, I was hoping for £20m+ £150k a week 4 to 5 years 

The disparity across the squad could be a problem though

Double what Wilson earns if this remotely correct

https://www.wtfoot.com/salary-overview/newcastle-united-player-salaries-revealed/

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

About normal I'd have thought to be honest, won't be many England players moving for less

If that's less than 4 years it's actually a decent looking deal for them, I was hoping for £20m+ £150k a week 4 to 5 years 

The disparity across the squad could be a problem though

arent we paying Ings something like 120k p/w!?

Managed to get a couple game postponed and I’m sure completely coincidentally will likely now have ASM back and possibly even Trippier in for their next game - Which happens to be against relegation rival Watford.

Gutted none of the other sides have managed to pick up any points to bury them further and make them even more unattractive to signings. 

Disgusting the takeover was approved and they deserve nothing more than to rot in the championship.

• Like 1

Is Trippier even that good… being a good defender in Spain is going to be different to being a good defender over here right?

Also saw his heat stats and he was pretty attacking, that won’t help them out defensively so will still ship goals. 

Also, why would you sign for Newcastle now, surely if you had any footballing ambition (not money ambition) about you, you would wait until the summer to join them to see what league they will be in. 

9 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Also, why would you sign for Newcastle now, surely if you had any footballing ambition (not money ambition) about you, you would wait until the summer to join them to see what league they will be in. 

He's 31, and is an attacking fullback, realistically how much longer has he got in the game? We're not talking about a player on board for a project here, he's cashing in on one last big payday

44 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Is Trippier even that good… being a good defender in Spain is going to be different to being a good defender over here right?

Also saw his heat stats and he was pretty attacking, that won’t help them out defensively so will still ship goals. 

You don't play for Diego Simeone if you are poor defensively 

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Trippier said the only club in England he’d come back for is Burnley. What a difference a wage makes. 

Who would ever put any sort of relevance on that quote?  Man City come calling and he says "No thanks pals, Burnley only for me".  I mean **** hell :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Who would ever put any sort of relevance on that quote?  Man City come calling and he says "No thanks pals, Burnley only for me".  I mean **** hell :D 

Ha true! It’s just funny, footballers really shouldn’t say these things tbh. Just makes everyone look silly when they go to a bigger club for more money. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Ha true! It’s just funny, footballers really shouldn’t say these things tbh. Just makes everyone look silly when they go to a bigger club for more money. 

Sadly, the football world is underpinned by fans who look for literally any tiny thing to either praise or slag off a player.  That's why these like PR soundbites are all over the shop.

If football fans weren't so shit, the amount of PR guff spouted would be far less.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Trippier for where they are is a big signing.

I dont expect them to go down but shows what he is going for if he is leaving athletico madrid to go to mighty  Newcastle  who are in the bottom  three

It is.

I would question his motivation though. He is only going for the money.

Edited by villalad21

Â