Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Is there a question as to whether new signings should be allowed in postponed fixtures. If Newcastle are about to drop £££s it would be unfair to the teams on other side of the postponement! 

31 minutes ago, Dale said:

Is there a question as to whether new signings should be allowed in postponed fixtures. If Newcastle are about to drop £££s it would be unfair to the teams on other side of the postponement! 

Unless they buy new players too?

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Sunday’s game now cancelled. I wonder if a little game playing is going on?

Injuries can clear up and some new signings incoming next week could really boost their chances. 

Patiently waiting for this supposedly magical transfer window to fix all their problems. 

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think it will. They will make some big signings, even if the players are only coming for the money.

Howe has an average to poor record of signing players. Wasted a lot of money on dross at Bournemouth. 

Also Amanda has no idea how to run a football club. 

Still confident they are going down. 

Edited by villalad21

32 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Howe has an average to poor record of signing players. Wasted a lot of money on dross at Bournemouth. 

Also Amanda has no idea how to run a football club. 

Still confident they are going down. 

I wish I shared that confidence. In most other seasons they’d be on the brink. But to not be adrift on only 11 points, with Norwich, Watford and Burnley looking worse than them, and money to spend in January, I fear they will stay up.

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The club should be made to declare how many cases are COVID related. It's an utter joke - everyone deals with injuries and suspensions.

Southampton have asked for clarity on this point. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12506789/newcastles-game-at-southampton-off-due-to-ongoing-covid-cases-and-injuries

Southampton have contacted the Premier League to outline their frustrations at the late postponement of their match against Newcastle.

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

It looks pretty clear that they will get some experienced defenders this window, and that should give them a platform to go win games - they just need to turn some of those draws into wins and they are safe. But they will need to replace Wilson too. The only way they stay up is if all their buys hit the ground running - and clubs near them screw up. It's possible, but difficult. 

Lescott and Richards were experienced defenders, let’s hope the ones Newcastle buy are of the same quality as those two. 😁

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It's very clear they are milking the system in time to bring in signings and mysteriously they can field the numbers. It's a disgrace. FA will stay silent of course and teams will now play a now potentially stronger Newcastle team.

I really, really want them relegated.

The Premier League will be desperate for them to stay up. 

They will love nothing more than another oil club who will generate more global interest and revenue to the league. 

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Burnley been the masters of draws this season.

11 points after 16 games is the result.

If you can't find wins you are going down, simple as that really.

And that's Newcastle and Burnley's core problem. They don't win football games. 

Are you Mark Lawrenson?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The club should be made to declare how many cases are COVID related. It's an utter joke - everyone deals with injuries and suspensions.

Except there are a lot more injuries than normal years. Probably due to the COVID disruption to training schedules.

I don’t think you can easily untangle which ones are directly from COVID and which are indirectly a result of stop start train sessions or shortened summer breaks etc etc

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It's very clear they are milking the system in time to bring in signings and mysteriously they can field the numbers. It's a disgrace. FA will stay silent of course and teams will now play a now potentially stronger Newcastle team.

I really, really want them relegated.

They’ve got covid cases and then also a lot of injuries. They’re “milking the system” in that they don’t want to play a bunch of kids, and that’s entirely within PL rules on this.

Its all fair enough IMO. 

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They’ve got covid cases and then also a lot of injuries. They’re “milking the system” in that they don’t want to play a bunch of kids, and that’s entirely within PL rules on this.

Its all fair enough IMO. 

The only bit that I don't think it fair enough is "entirely within PL rules" 

If they really are counting things like suspensions then the PL are **** stupid 

Its not like they've even come up with some clever bollocks like first team bubbles 

Any other scenario the suspended player is replaced by a kid but now because of corona they postpone the game instead? That can't be right 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The only bit that I don't think it fair enough is "entirely within PL rules" 

If they really are counting things like suspensions then the PL are **** stupid 

Its not like they've even come up with some clever bollocks like first team bubbles 

Any other scenario the suspended player is replaced by a kid but now because of corona they postpone the game instead? That can't be right 

The suspension thing is a load of bollocks - injuries and covid cases are the only things that count. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

The suspension thing is a load of bollocks - injuries and covid cases are the only things that count. 

Said before I'm not even sold on injuries

Maybe the craziest thing is though do any of us know the rules? Do any of us have nay kind of clarity as to what is going on? 

There must be some kind of benchmark, corona is black and white, injuries aren't, if Newcastle don't want to play Southampton until after the january signings it's too easy for them to add 2 more players to the injury list, who controls it? 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said before I'm not even sold on injuries

Maybe the craziest thing is though do any of us know the rules? Do any of us have nay kind of clarity as to what is going on? 

There must be some kind of benchmark, corona is black and white, injuries aren't, if Newcastle don't want to play Southampton until after the january signings it's too easy for them to add 2 more players to the injury list, who controls it? 

The rules are that you need to be able to field a squad (named squad) of 13 players plus 1 goalkeeper. If you can’t do that due to injuries and covid cases, you can request your game is abandoned by submitting to the PL board.

I don’t know how transparent teams need to be about injuries but, to be honest, I find the clamour to have teams messing around with youth kids in order to fulfil fixtures pretty distasteful. As mentioned above, the whole situation could’ve been handled much better.

Newcastle had played more games than any other team before their called off game (only the top 2 have played more now, we’ve played 1 game fewer). Personally, I’m not particularly fussed about them tweaking an injury list by one when they’re already pretty shafted. 

I am

They've lost their 2 best players to injury and are potentially about to spunk £100m on a few new ones 

Telling schar to blag his injury* and then throw a suspension in to get their game postponed is taking the piss

Remove corona and what would happen right now? The 3 injured players and the suspended player would be replaced by youth players and the game would be played, I don't see why now should be different 

In theory the rules if they're as you describe them could mean that a game is called off with no corona cases at all just a ton of injuries 

* obviously no proof that's what they've done

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Remove corona and what would happen right now? The 3 injured players and the suspended player would be replaced by youth players and the game would be played, I don't see why now should be different 

In theory the rules if they're as you describe them could mean that a game is called off with no corona cases at all just a ton of injuries 

It’s different because covid is meaning that other players are missing too. If they didn’t have covid cases, they’d have played their games (again, the suspension thing is bollocks).

Not sure on the last part, but it definitely hurt Leeds a lot. You’d be pretty unlucky to have 11 senior players injured at once, mind!

Â