Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

QPR say hi 

I hope so bud

Really hope I am wrong but I'm starting to get a bad feeling they will get out of it.

And if they manage to stay up it's a massive problem for the whole league.

We can't compete with that sort of money, as wealthy as our owners are.

Edited by villalad21

I think people are writing off Watford too soon, whether it would be Newcastle's cost I don't know, but I think they've got a good chance of staying up, their main problem has been the run of fixtures they've recently had to play, their last seven games have been Arsenal, Man Utd, Leicester, Chelsea, Man City, Brentford, West Ham, most teams would struggle with those fixtures, before that run they were doing fine, and who's to say when the fixtures ease up again they can't recapture their early season form.

Of course chances are they will continue to struggle, but I'm not sure they're as dead and buried as some are suggesting, next three league games for them are Newcastle, Burnley, and Norwich.

Newcastle have a chance, they'd have a chance even if they hadn't had their takeover and Bruce was still in charge just by virtue of how close they are to safety, but it won't be easy for them, as other teams capable of winning games.

There’s no way they will be getting the likes of Vlahovic. The journalists are just using them to generate clicks.

That ship sailed with FFP, it’s impossible to do what Man City did again. They’d have to be paying him £300k a week or so for him to be remotely tempted when he has big clubs who are actually challenging to win things sniffing around who’ll pay him £100k plus.

50 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We might as well mentally prepare for the likelihood that they will be staying up.

There is little doubt in my mind that they will have a stronger second half of the season than Watford. 

Starting to come to terms with it but I'm still in the denial stage I think :( 

41 minutes ago, penguin said:

There’s no way they will be getting the likes of Vlahovic. The journalists are just using them to generate clicks.

That ship sailed with FFP, it’s impossible to do what Man City did again. They’d have to be paying him £300k a week or so for him to be remotely tempted when he has big clubs who are actually challenging to win things sniffing around who’ll pay him £100k plus.

Over the next few years every agent in world football will desperately be using Newcastle's name to get their players better deals or more money elsewhere. All they'll need to do is tell any club offering a player a contract that Newcastle are interested, and are prepared to offer more than they are. There will be eye watering deals for very average players.

7 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Over the next few years every agent in world football will desperately be using Newcastle's name to get their players better deals or more money elsewhere. All they'll need to do is tell any club offering a player a contract that Newcastle are interested, and are prepared to offer more than they are. There will be eye watering deals for very average players.

Absolutely 

Newcastle wage bill is gonna be astronomical. Average players will be getting over 110k a week i bet

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

As we expected Newcastle  gonna blow everyone out the water.

70m on individual players as a non champions league club. Hell we dont even blow 70m on individual players.

In 5-10 years time they will break the top four if they continue like that

How can they do it without breaking rules though?

5 hours ago, pas5898 said:

More games in the 2021 calendar year due to Covid. In reality he scored 20 in 42 games last season, and admittedly had a great half to this season 18 in 20 I think.

A very good return, and he's a fine young player; but he is still a gamble at 70 million. A 70 million player would also command a 200k salary. There is absolutely no guarantee he would be any better as a premier league goalscorer than Calum Wilson, a striker they already own and very capable of 20 goals a season with the right team behind him. 

Only takes 2,3 of those and you end up at FFP buffers. Investing in defenders (Botman, Trippier) is sensible, then probably move to the midfield. Origi will be cheap due to his contract and has proven he can score in the PL.

Due to FFP in the short / medium term Newcastle don't have unlimited funds. If they spaff 70 million of it on a striker they don't really need, rather than a quality defender or midfielder which they desperately need, I for one will be encouraged. 

Wilson is out for a big chunk of the rest of the season though. 

4 hours ago, penguin said:

Fiorentina have signed his replacement and not many teams can pay that money in January 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Will forever be remembered as the player who opened the door and make it OK to sign for Saudi Arabia. Good for him, enjoy your blood money.

He really won’t. No-one will care in a few months. 

• Sad 1

Â