Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I take back everything negative I’ve ever said about Steve Bruce. #ShutMeUp

If he fell in a tank of cowshit he'd climb out smelling of Aramis.

• Haha 1

Even if it is true that 'a certain few' feel that way (I haven't really seen evidence of that), then is it really a surprise that on a forum with hundreds if not thousands of active members, some of them have weird or bizarre or esoteric opinions? I don't get the desire that everybody needs to think the same way.

4 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I find it absolute lunacy that Dean Smith gets far more stick and criticism than Bruce did towards the end of his tenure from a certain few.

How is it even possible to think this way? 

Probably the least true post ever posted on this forum.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I find it absolute lunacy that Dean Smith gets far more stick and criticism than Bruce did towards the end of his tenure from a certain few.

Yeah this isn't true is it?

6 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Never ever seen DS get anywhere near the stick Bruce did ever?

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Whilst I don't agree that people moan more about Smith than they do about Bruce I do think Bruce has an understated weapon to him - apathy - I think it's very hard to care about a Bruce team, like those Newcastle fans voted its soul destroying, I would have voted the same, what is the point of moaning about Steve Bruce? The football is **** shit but his mates who base you purely on your results will constantly tell you not to moan, you won't get better you won't get worse you'll just sit there in nothingness bored half to death, that is Steve Bruce, sucks all of the life out of your club so the anger and compassion is gone

Smith on the other hand I think that fire is back, the love of the villa is back, the vitriol after a bad result stems from expectation and want of a good one, fans are back to caring again 

We've gone from I don't really care what you do Steve this is shit regardless to make a **** sub deano! That's life returning to the club even if it's negative, the peaks and troughs are back, Newcastle are flatlining by comparison, that's why they've seemingly channeled so much energy chasing this take over, it's all they've got 

Exactly this. We love Deano. Anger is a passionate emotion and you only ever feel it if you truly care about something.

Not that I ever see any anger directed at him, just at the way he does things sometimes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Whilst I don't agree that people moan more about Smith than they do about Bruce I do think Bruce has an understated weapon to him - apathy - I think it's very hard to care about a Bruce team, like those Newcastle fans voted its soul destroying, I would have voted the same, what is the point of moaning about Steve Bruce? The football is **** shit but his mates who base you purely on your results will constantly tell you not to moan, you won't get better you won't get worse you'll just sit there in nothingness bored half to death, that is Steve Bruce, sucks all of the life out of your club so the anger and compassion is gone.

Perfect description of what he does.

I felt like I didn't have a team to support when Bruce was here.  I hardly cared about wins, losses, it was so **** boring. Plus you have him and the people he converts telling you how good it all is. Jesus, it was horrible.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Newcastle have already had to cancel their match against Aston Villa, and now there are a fears a second fixture will prove impossible

Newcastle game against West Brom at risk of postponement with Covid cases 'well into double figures'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/12/07/exclusive-newcastle-game-against-west-brom-risk-postponement/

Â