Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I just watched the highlights on MOTD, first line from Bruce on the post match interview “I hope the supporters can see...” He’s bloody obsessed with picking fights with the fans. 

• Like 1

Wilson has now scored 4 in 4 for the Barcodes and it's looking a cracking signing for them especially considering how bad Joelinton was for them.

Obviously early days for Watkins but please, please, please start scoring soon. We need a striker who can put the ball in the net. Hopefully he gets off the mark today.

23 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Wilson has now scored 4 in 4 for the Barcodes and it's looking a cracking signing for them especially considering how bad Joelinton was for them.

Obviously early days for Watkins but please, please, please start scoring soon. We need a striker who can put the ball in the net. Hopefully he gets off the mark today.

To be fair he's scored two pens, neither of which he won and two back post tap ins.

Over the course of the season Watkins will get and score those types of chances without doubt.

13 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

To be fair he's scored two pens, neither of which he won and two back post tap ins.

Over the course of the season Watkins will get and score those types of chances without doubt.

My worry with Watkins is he looks like a player with weight on his shoulders. He really needs this first premier league goal to come ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Watkins missed a sitter at Fulham and his goals in the cup had also been tap ins. 

Other parts of his game have looked good but as Genie says he needs a Prem goal ASAP. 

Still very early days though.

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I don't care if Watkins scores the goals or if Martinez scores the goals.

As long as we win.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't care if Watkins scores the goals or if Martinez scores the goals.

As long as we win.

If you have a reliable no 9 who you are confident will score when an opportunity is created it gives the team a better chance of winning. 

One of the reasons we did so badly last season is we had no reliable striker. Our midfielders and defenders won’t score every game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If you have a reliable no 9 who you are confident will score when an opportunity is created it gives the team a better chance of winning. 

One of the reasons we did so badly last season is we had no reliable striker. Our midfielders and defenders won’t score every game.

True. That being said though we did put 3 past Fulham with a scoreless Watkins.

We were 3-0 up versus Bristol with a scoreless Keinan Davis.

I'm more concerned about his general play. This is my frustrations with Wesley. In the games he don't score he offers very little to the team.

Watkins is running around chasing balls and linking up the play well. He also looked surprisingly good in the air.

If he does the basics well like he has done. Chances will come. Not just for him, byt the players next to him as well.

Edited by villalad21

On 04/10/2020 at 08:56, Genie said:

I just watched the highlights on MOTD, first line from Bruce on the post match interview “I hope the supporters can see...” He’s bloody obsessed with picking fights with the fans. 

It’s a massive problem really why pick fights and put him self under pressure,  never have I seen Smith make excuses for how we performed or when things where not going well and certainly not ever seen him hit back at the fans , Bruce is way to sensitive to be a manager 

• Like 1

On 04/10/2020 at 10:57, Genie said:

My worry with Watkins is he looks like a player with weight on his shoulders. He really needs this first premier league goal to come ASAP.

Well he did that with style! Watkins is younger faster scores better goals need we go on!

Rather have him than wilson any day 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Well he did that with style! Watkins is younger faster scores better goals need we go on!

Me too but Wilson is still a good signing for Newcastle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This isn’t me building a case for Watkins being shit or anything, he looks very good, but people have to reserve judgment on any player for 15-20 games at least.

A few players have started the season with a flurry of goals, if they are still scoring consistently at Christmas then they can be considered cutting the mustard.

Â