Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

This isn’t me building a case for Watkins being shit or anything, he looks very good, but people have to reserve judgment on any player for 15-20 games at least.

A few players have started the season with a flurry of goals, if they are still scoring consistently at Christmas then they can be considered cutting the mustard.

Yeah thats a valid point. However not many people can do that against van dijk and Robertson Robertson some of the best defenders in the world.

He looks quick, good in the air, strong, can finish and his fitness is incredible. He has a engine chasing every ball down. I think we have a good one here

Its fair to say that Wilson was a good signing for Newcastle, to the point that he will keep them clear of relegation, but Watkins was a better signing for us and has a far higher ceiling.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Don’t know Bruce’s record to be honest against United but I always felt he used to instruct his teams sit off them and well they always seem to get beat.. 

That's what the top teams want you to do.

Our approach against Liverpool was just incredibly brave and ballsy. F***ing love it

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He has never beaten them if I recall correctly 

Think they beat then 1-0 last season if I remember correctly. Cos it was annoying the fact the barcodes were struggling for points last season and they went on to beat them and turned a mini corner. One of the Longstaff scored I think

• Like 1

On 07/10/2020 at 11:26, Demitri_C said:

Yeah thats a valid point. However not many people can do that against van dijk and Robertson Robertson some of the best defenders in the world.

He looks quick, good in the air, strong, can finish and his fitness is incredible. He has a engine chasing every ball down. I think we have a good one here

so good they named him twice

4 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Don’t know Bruce’s record to be honest against United but I always felt he used to instruct his teams sit off them and well they always seem to get beat.. 

That's his tactic against pretty much everyone, to be fair.

Home tie against a lower league team? "All men behind the ball and keep it tight lads. I reckon we can nick a goal on the break."

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

That's his tactic against pretty much everyone, to be fair.

Home tie against a lower league team? "All men behind the ball and keep it tight lads. I reckon we can nick a goal on the break."

Doncaster or Stevenage at home its a tricky tie 😉

23 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh they beat them last season didn’t they?

yep, cant remember if it was the utd game or the spurs game (maybe both) that they "snatched" the 1-0 win despite something like 30% possession and 2 shots

that's the dream, that's the extent of his ambition

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep, cant remember if it was the utd game or the spurs game (maybe both) that they "snatched" the 1-0 win despite something like 30% possession and 2 shots

that's the dream, that's the extent of his ambition

I've said it before and will say it again, they got 6 points from ONE f'ing shot over 2 games. (two 1-0, one goal was an own goal)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â