Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yep, cant remember if it was the utd game or the spurs game (maybe both) that they "snatched" the 1-0 win despite something like 30% possession and 2 shots

that's the dream, that's the extent of his ambition

Chelsea at home they won 1-0 from their first shot on target and only corner of the game. In the 94th minute.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Chelsea at home they won 1-0 from their first shot on target and only corner of the game. In the 94th minute.

that's exactly what I mean, bruce and his mates will say the fans have to enjoy that simply because they won

but fans don't enjoy that shit...

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that's exactly what I mean, bruce and his mates will say the fans have to enjoy that simply because they won

but fans don't enjoy that shit...

I'd have enjoyed more points v top 6 last season and a more cautious outlook is needed and we showed that yesterday without going to Bruceball extremes.

However he always sets up the same v Man. City or Burnley. I think the play offs in 17/18 summed him up. Destructive and slow midfield was good enough to see off Boro as they were of similar set up but we were then exposed first half v Fulham playing exactly the same way against far more technical and mobile midfield as their winning goal showed.

Simply can't adapt as he's not a very hands on manager/coach so just sets up his teams in a easy way and then hopes a Saint Maximn can create a chance in final third out of little for him or Wilson to finish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

that's why I feel strangley vitriolic towards him, Im spunking thousands of pounds on the villa to watch us win in a fashion that gives me very little enjoyment whilst at the same time I have him, his family and his media pals telling me I should be happy...**** that

if they had beaten utd on Saturday night after scoring in the 2nd minute and then sitting back for the other 88 with 20% possession and no more shots should their fans just accept it and be happy and be willing to pay their £15 for the next game?

he has a brand of football and an attitude that makes even winning seem dour, whilst also being the epitome of several of the things that i hate about english football and the old boy circus, hes one of my most hated people in football

Correct. You can add in other villa fans telling you to be happy with the shite football as well.

Never been less interested in us than with Steve Bruce's guff in the championship.

If we win nothing this season (very likely) I want to have enjoyed watching us at least. You'll take the odd sneaky 1 or 2 goal win you don't deserve every so often, they can be a nice bonus. But when they're your only hope of points because the manager has zero ambition to try and play, they get boring fast.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2020 at 11:43, Davkaus said:

That's his tactic against pretty much everyone, to be fair.

Home tie against a lower league team? "All men behind the ball and keep it tight lads. I reckon we can nick a goal on the break."

For the love of God don't press them they can really hurt us.

Ryan Woods made himself a millionaire off the back of Steve Bruce shitting his pants at the thought of pressing him.

• 1 month later...
On 19/10/2020 at 06:57, villa4europe said:

that's why I feel strangley vitriolic towards him, Im spunking thousands of pounds on the villa to watch us win in a fashion that gives me very little enjoyment whilst at the same time I have him, his family and his media pals telling me I should be happy...**** that

if they had beaten utd on Saturday night after scoring in the 2nd minute and then sitting back for the other 88 with 20% possession and no more shots should their fans just accept it and be happy and be willing to pay their £15 for the next game?

he has a brand of football and an attitude that makes even winning seem dour, whilst also being the epitome of several of the things that i hate about english football and the old boy circus, hes one of my most hated people in football

It's worse because it's a shit tactic. It might work if you're not a very ambitious club like Newcastle, as you'll together enough points to survive.

We saw it with Villa. We play any team in the top half or top 6, and he sets up this way. Playoff final, the one game where you uh...kinda have to set up to win, same thing. We lost more than we won in those situations. It's why we never spent more than a week in the top 2 in his 2 years there. 

• Like 1

Â