Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I have muslim customers, and if I am entertaining them or vice versa, I don't drink alcohol out of deference to them. None have ever asked me not too, and in some cases I have been asked if I would like a beer, but for me it wouldn't feel appropriate.

Which only goes to prove there are sane rational people in every religion who are not out to take offence at every opportunity. So why should the zealots get their way at everyone else's expense? The answer is they shouldn't :-/

Is it really taking offence by saying you don't want to accept champagne though? I mean, it's not like the players ask for the man of the match awards or even pressured the FA into changing the drink. I'm guessing they wanted all the players to accept it, hence they changed it. Implying that they're bending over backwards to appease a religion is extremely reactionary imo.

It is all sorted with Ciise, lucky for Newcastle that Kinnear speaks to Mohammed every week on the phone.

Kinnear: "Yeah yeah, I know Mo well, I used to go down to 'Arrods and he'd give me a disc'unt, we're good mates"

It gets better

Today's Sunday Mirror

Joe Kinnear is determined to make Newcastle a Champions League club.

Followed by this in the expresss

Joe Kinnear has made a move to bring unwanted Sunderland defender Phil Bardsley to Newcastle.

• Like 2

The whole interview is laughable and so transparent it is insulting to think he actually believes people are stupid enough to buy it.

First he sucks up to the Newcastle fans talking about knowing what the club means to them, then drops in getting back in the CL and then comes the best bit.

'Like Moussa Sissoko, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Hatem Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye. All excellent. And we have Sammy Ameobi, Shola's brother. I have spoken with Fabricio Coloccini and I am confident he is staying and Steven Taylor - well, he is a rock. We just need to bring in more talent.
'

He name drops all the players names he previously hadn't got a clue about and just for good measure drops in that he knows Sammy is Shola's brother not his son.

At least we know why he has been quiet, he has been working on getting the players names right.

It is staggering that he thinks people will buy this nonsense.

• Like 1

Loving that Kinnear is there, it can only end in disaster  :lol:

Hopefully but if they get Bent and Remy they'll surely have enough to finish midtable anyway. I think they'll get Remy and Fulham will outbid them for Bent though.

Â