Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Yeah, same here. Didn't like deadly much but that clip had me in stitches when I saw it.

Right, back on this 5 bellied lot.....Pardew to walk/get the chop, Joe "Kebab Insomnia" Kinear to get the job.

Please Lambo, please Villa, let's make this happen.

Ashley doesn't want Pards any longer but doesn't want to pay him to leave

That brainless idea to give Pardew an 8 year contract isn't looking so good now...

there was a reason for it

what was the reason?

Ashley doesn't want Pards any longer but doesn't want to pay him to leave

That brainless idea to give Pardew an 8 year contract isn't looking so good now...

there was a reason for it

what was the reason?

In there second season back in the Premier League, he got Newcastle fifth and was very close to getting fourth, all without spending ludicrous amounts of money and getting cheap talented foreigners. If their situation had been managed better and they didn't keep bringing in players on the cheap from France and creating cliques within there squad, who probably have no connection with the club or the fans, they could've gotten top 4. Pardew was the golden boy in the North East at the time and although the rest of the country could see it was bonkers, it was a brilliant move for Newcastle as they thought they had a team that could break the top 4 and the manager who could do it.

It was high risk, high reward, and unfortunately for Newcastle (and brilliantly for everyone else) it backfired spectacularly. If Newcastle had gotten top 4 last season instead of almost getting relegated, it would've seemed a very good and ballsy decision by Ashley. And with three of the actual top 4 changing managers, Pardew would've been hot property and Newcastle would've got a huge pay off to let him go to someone else.

I remember when Chelsea lost to Villa and Doug shook Abramovich's hand to pass over the deadly title, that sealed the Mourinho deal.

Didn't like Ellis and still don't but it did make me chuckle :lol:

roman3DM0209_468x353.jpg

Love Peter Withe looking like he's struggling with a text.

I have heard lots about Peter Withe, and knew he was part of the 82 side etc, but I didn't know what he actually looked like. And yes I know that is embarrassing for a Villa fan  not to know what Peter Withe looks like but my excuse is that I am very young.

As for Newcastle United they will stay up this season, but only just. The crapness of Palace, Cardiff and Sunderland will save them.

Edited by Voinjama

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell is the Newcastle thread doing half way down page 2 after being the only team not paying a penny this window?

The natives are restless!

Kinear looks like he delivered a masterclass in the art of directorship of football operations this window!

What the hell is the Newcastle thread doing half way down page 2 after being the only team not paying a penny this window?

The natives are restless!

Kinear looks like he delivered a masterclass in the art of directorship of football operations this window!

Kinnear is making phone calls to agents and clubs right now in a bid to beat the deadline. He contacted Jim White this morning to tell him he was looking forward to deadline day.
  • Like 3

Â