Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Well they beat Spurs we didn't, against Arsenal we had the advantage of playing half of that match against ten men whereas they didn't unless I'm mistaken, so again that in theory would have been an easier fixture for us. In addition they've also played Leicester probably the best team outside of the top six, and Liverpool.

Edited by useless
On whether Newcastle have had a tougher start than us.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Well they beat Spurs we didn't, against Arsenal we had the advantage of playing half of that match against ten men whereas they didn't unless I'm mistaken, so again that in theory would have been an easier fixture for us. In addition they've also played Leicester probably the best team outside of the top six, and Liverpool.

You keep saying this but its not really true is it?

They've played 8, 17, 5, 20, 1, 16 and 3

We've played 5, 7, 15, 9, 4, 8, and 10

They played spurs and arsenal at home, we played them away

No way have they had a much tougher start.

Basically, neither team is doing very well

• Like 1

Comparing positions is futile at this stage of the season, West Ham were third earlier today, Bournemouth are up there as well, come the end of the season both teams will be midtable at best. We've had an easier start than them both in terms of fixtures and in terms having an advantage of playing against ten men in some of our games, no point in denying it really.

Edited by useless

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Comparing positions is futile at this stage of the season, West Ham were third earlier today, Bournemouth are up there as well, come the end of the season both teams will be midtable at best. We've had an easier start than them both in terms of fixtures and in terms having an advantage of playing against ten men in some of our games, no point in denying it really.

The main difference is Bruce already looks clueless and can come up with nothing other than rolling sleeves up etc, whereas Dean can clearly analyse where we are falling short and shows some hope of eventually getting it right.  This is on top of last season's evidence where Dean made Bruce look a chump with pretty much the same set of players.  Even if we go down we've already shown we will actually compete against pretty much any opposition we play.

Not saying that Bruce is a better manager than Smith I'd rather have almost any other manager I can think of than Bruce, and Smith is someone I wanted as our manager ever since he was at Walsall. Just saying that currently we're doing just as bad as them (Newcastle).

Edited by useless

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Not saying that Bruce is a better manager than Smith I'd rather have almost any other manager I can think of than Bruce, and Smith is someone I wanted as our manager ever since he was at Walsall. Just saying that currently we're doing just as bad as them (Newcastle).

In points yes but we have performed well in every match, they haven't. We just don't know how to see out games. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, andym said:

Basically, neither team is doing very well

Neither team has a decent points tally

If you were looking for one to have things click get some luck and find some form you wouldn't say it's them

I think same points = were as bad as they are is really harsh on us 

Held off after they immediately signed him in case their scouts had somehow pulled a blinder. But what in the **** were they thinking buying a less than 1 in 3 goal striker from the German league for £40m another £5m got West Ham Haller 🤪

Post match interview on MOTD2 was (paraphrasing): “you can talk about tactics, but we’ve got to roll wor sleeves up.” Seriously. And then the interviewer, clearly a media mate, patted him on the back!

Edited by fightoffyour

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

And to think of all the defenders Bruce had on this message  board. He's a brutal brutal manager who did a terrible job with us, there's is no defending him. 

The same sort of messages will pop up if we don't take 6 points off them this season.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be fair, enough shade has been thrown in this thread that it will be somewhat embarrassing if we don't finish clearly above them.

Depends on if Bruce stays on as manager for a while. If we don't finish above them then, it would be a failure of a season. But if they get someone like Allardyce within the next couple of months, then I wouldn't bet against them finishing above us.

Â