Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

4 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

what rubbish, Leicester stayed up by the skin of their teeth the season before they won the league and now look at them.

Ah yes, the fairly common Leicester scenario. Ignoring the small fact that they changed managers between seasons that completely vindicates my argument, it's such an outlier it's not even worth bringing up.

Edited by Keyblade

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Ah yes, the fairly common Leicester scenario. Ignoring the small fact that they changed managers between seasons that completely vindicates my argument, it's such an outlier it's not even worth bringing up.

And signed Kanté among others

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

that's why I asked if you has a season ticket

im not questioning supporting the team or being a fan obviously we all want us to be successful, im questioning committing the amount of money and time required to go watch your club every week if the football is shit

Yes i have and have had one for 20+ seasons now, over 10 of those seasons home and away

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So we scrape survival this season, does that mean we'll be doing it every season thereafter does it?  

I'm so glad you cleared that up. 

3 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

So we scrape survival this season, does that mean we'll be doing it every season thereafter does it?  

I'm so glad you cleared that up. 

I don't see what's so difficult to understand about this. I said if you do it for multiple seasons. To refresh your memory:

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If you try to grind out survival every year you'll eventually drop as shown by us, Sunderland, West Brom, Stoke etc.

It's just the law of averages. You keep aiming for 37 points every year, you'll eventually get 35 one season. Or you might get 37 and it still get relegated. You aim for 50, you might still get 35 because anything can happen in football, but you're likelier to be further and further away from it if you're doing it right. Ironically, Leicester are a good example of this.

Newcastle United’s metrics
I copped some (probably merited) flak last week for not giving Newcastle due praise for beating Manchester United, and Steve Bruce et al certainly can’t be included here solely for losing to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

But the reason the Manchester United victory wasn’t necessarily indicative of great progress is because Bruce and Newcastle are posting some troubling metrics that suggests a relegation battle is likely:

Goals – Joint 19th
Shots – 18th
Shots on target – 19th
Expected goals – 20th
Touches in the penalty area – 20th

Bruce can hardly be blamed for prioritising making Newcastle hard to break down, but he must be careful that he does not completely blunt their attacking potential in the process. Between January 1 and the end of the season only five Premier League teams scored more goals than Newcastle, and they have signed a new striker and exciting winger. Bruce must get the balance right against weaker opposition.

https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-120

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

2) Think you'll find that it the Premier League effect as i very much doubt we'd be having waiting lists in the championship regardless of the style of football.

With the stadium as it is now, 42k seats...we have never ever sold out of season tickets, had 8k on the waiting list and sold out our first 10 home games.

The football, the excitement, the ambition is all so great.

I'm sorry you miss the Newcastle manager, don't worry you'll get to see him soon when they come and park the bus hoping to nick a goal and a 1-0 win.

I mean, this isn't even necessarily about Bruce. It's about a lack of ambition, and that comes from the top down. Bruce is just a symptom of this. It's no surprise that we started our slide through the league when Randy Lerner lost all his ambition for the club. The managerial appointments like McLeish ultimately reflected that ambition. When your ambition is just to stay in the league and rake in the TV money, it's reflected on the pitch too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I mean, this isn't even necessarily about Bruce. It's about a lack of ambition, and that comes from the top down. Bruce is just a symptom of this. It's no surprise that we started our slide through the league when Randy Lerner lost all his ambition for the club. The managerial appointments like McLeish ultimately reflected that ambition. When your ambition is just to stay in the league and rake in the TV money, it's reflected on the pitch too.

You're right I'll accept nothing less than Europa League this season anything less and I'll demand Smith loses his job. 

It's called taking small steps this season is survival, next season mid table and so on.  Its crazy that this kind of thinking is seen as wanting to scrape survival every season but hey ho 

Edited by Stuartc445
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

You're right I'll accept nothing less than Europa League this season anything less and I'll demand Smith loses his job. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Things on this forum are hilarious sometimes they really are 😂😂

It's like you're arguing against ghosts. I have no idea what you're on about. I don't even know why you're talking about us? We're in our first year back? Newcastle are in their third? It's perfectly acceptable for our ambition to be stay in the league this season, even ignoring the fact that our Chief Executive has clearly stated that we are looking beyond that.

You seem to be taking this a little too personally, it's so bizarre. Are you a Newcastle fan or something? Actually you can't be, because they'll be the first to tell you that Mike Ashley's lack of ambition is the #1 problem up there. I'm not sure how one can argue against that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

Nobody said any of that, maybe you should try dumb your arguments down as usual for us less intellectual 🙄

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's like you're arguing against ghosts. I have no idea what you're on about. I don't even know why you're talking about us? We're in our first year back? Newcastle are in their third? It's perfectly acceptable for our ambition to be stay in the league this season, even ignoring the fact that our Chief Executive has clearly stated that we are looking beyond that.

You seem to be taking this a little too personally, it's so bizarre. Are you a Newcastle fan or something? Actually you can't be, because they'll be the first to tell you that Mike Ashley's lack of ambition is the #1 problem up there. I'm not sure how one can argue against that.

Alex Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bruce is still shite

Except the obvious its hard to find a more odious person at a top flight club. Thought was just us then you realise Newcastle, Palace, Wednesday, Huddersfield, Sunderland, Sheffield United and even blues fans all think the same

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Except the obvious its hard to find a more odious person at a top flight club. Thought was just us then you realise Newcastle, Palace, Wednesday, Huddersfield, Sunderland, Sheffield United and even blues fans all think the same

There is only 1 club & fans in that list that deserve him and he is there right now.  It's brilliant.  There are no other possible port's of call for the "look in the mirror,  sleeves up style" of manager except Newcastle.

It must look like one flew over the cuckoos nest at half time,  there are only so many way's one can say "Awwwww man go on,  Look for the big man",  "In the mixer man to the big man",  "Love a number 9 and now a 7,  big fella,  look for him",  "Long,  hit it long,  no no,  not him,  the big fella man aye, oh no man"

Â