Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

58 minutes ago, Richard said:

we'd be doing well to get half that much for him,  and I rate the lad

There is noway we would sell him for half that price richard. Does not benefit RDM whatsoever.

We would only sell at that price if he has a release fee-which i dont think he has 

57 minutes ago, Richard said:

we'd be doing well to get half that much for him,  and I rate the lad

We originally paid more than half that much for him, his reputation has hardly gone backwards and we don't need to sell him.

well off topic but Amavi had a horror injury and is a chance he might not be same player we saw before so I imagine he worth about 8million in current market unless he recovers sufficiently

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

As much as I dislike him, Shelvey will run the Championship.

He had very good spells of form at Swansea so would expect that. Functions better in 5 man midfield as he dosen't have the mobility in other formations.

Their signings don't impress me all that much. However.. consideringhow far behind them and Norwich we were.. we haven't done enough yet either to bridge the gap.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I thought Villa only had 1 "Amavi" on their books and he was bought for £10m and spent 90% of the year out with a serious injury...

I was just responding to what I believed to be a ridiculously pessimistic and just plain ridiculous post with an opinion of my own.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ml1dch said:

We originally paid more than half that much for him, his reputation has hardly gone backwards and we don't need to sell him.

Not saying we do just offering an opinion on how much we'd get for him if we did sell.  I dont think we'd get anywhere near 17M

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KSV said:

Their signings don't impress me all that much. However.. consideringhow far behind them and Norwich we were.. we haven't done enough yet either to bridge the gap.

Matt Ritchie would've been our best signing since Benteke imo if we'd got him. As said before I'd have taken Gayle aswell.

14 hours ago, Richard said:

Not saying we do just offering an opinion on how much we'd get for him if we did sell.  I dont think we'd get anywhere near 17M

I don't either. You said we'd be doing well if we got £8.5m for him.

Which is ridiculous.

On 19 July 2016 at 18:24, VillaChris said:

Matt Ritchie would've been our best signing since Benteke imo if we'd got him. As said before I'd have taken Gayle aswell.

Don't think a great deal of Gayle but I think Ritchie is great signing for them and he is a player I like a lot. I thought he would move up from Bournmouth this summer so very surprised they got him.

• Like 1

I think everybody is baffled by the Ritchie move including their own fans. Money must have been factor but I'm sure he could have got similar money from a host of other Prem teams. 

I think it must be a geography thing and he wants to be nearer the family.

Georginio Wijnaldum being sold for 25m. We loan Veretout and get a maximum of 7.1m for gueye who both cost more than Wijnaldum. God we are so shit at doing deals

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Georginio Wijnaldum being sold for 25m. We loan Veretout and get a maximum of 7.1m for gueye who both cost more than Wijnaldum. God we are so shit at doing deals

Didn't Wijnaldum cost Newcastle about £15m? 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Didn't they spend about £80m last year and get relegated?  I'd suggest that they aren't so great at doing deals on that basis.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Didn't they spend about £80m last year and get relegated?  I'd suggest that they aren't so great at doing deals on that basis.

Didnt we spend 50m on shit and get relegated as well? At least they are recouping their money while we are loaning players like gil and veretout.

Â