Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Yep, £15-17m depending on where you read. A lot more than either of the players Demitri mentioned for us.

15m is only 5m more than veretout (10m) and we paid 9m for gana. Not exactly a great deal more money?

Losing the only 2 players who were good for them last season ... Yes they've definitely done good business bringing people in, and they are favourites for the title, but I'm not as sure as I was, and Rafa has been known to fail hilariously.  There would be none more hilarious than this if he died on his arse at St. James'. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

15m is only 5m more than veretout (10m) and we paid 9m for gana. Not exactly a great deal more money?

Depends on where you get figures. I've seen £17m and £7.65m and £8.5m for ours. So he cost more than both combined.

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Depends on where you get figures. I've seen £17m and £7.65m and £8.5m for ours. So he cost more than both combined.

Wiki

BBC

Sky sports all say they paid 14.5m making it a nice 10.5m profit which is a hell of a lot for a championship club.

Lets say we did pay 7m for Gana we have made zero profit on him. Also Veretout is going on loan so we are praying he does well there so we can get what we paid for him. (again nor profit)

Face it, as much a sit pains me Newcastle have been better at recoup-rating profit than us over last few years. Lets hope those days until that imbecile Lerner are over and we can start making profits on players again

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So now you have changed from 'who both cost more than Wijnaldum' to 'not exactly a great deal more money'.

I'd say 50% more than Veretout and 66% more than Gana is a great deal more money.

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets hope those days until that imbecile Lerner are over and we can start making profits on players again

Like Benteke.  And Downing, Milner and Young :trollface: I jest, I jest. I's playin'.

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Face it, as much a sit pains me Newcastle have been better at recoup-rating profit than us over last few years. Lets hope those days until that imbecile Lerner are over and we can start making profits on players again

Who? They've not sold many players for a fee in recent years. 

10 hours ago, villaglint said:

I think everybody is baffled by the Ritchie move including their own fans. Money must have been factor but I'm sure he could have got similar money from a host of other Prem teams. 

I think it must be a geography thing and he wants to be nearer the family.

He is from Portsmouth 

Newcastle would certainly give him a pay rise.

He's in and out of the Scotland squad so more chance of Strachan regularly turning up at SJP than treking down to Bournemouth every other week.

That and in 5 years time Bournemouth could be back in league one...and Newcastle might be top half of the prem so long term better prospects.

On Wjinaldum his stats were very impressive, 13 league goals from an ACM must be one of the highest in recent seasons...but am I right in saying that he didn't score a single time away from home in the league?

Part of the reason Newcastle went down was their abysmal away form. Where were Wjinaldum and Sissoko at VP when newcastle needed a goal, missing in action again.

Have to say Liverpool's transfer dealings have been very underwhelming so far, this must be some sort of Klopp masterplan I guess...

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's in and out of the Scotland squad so more chance of Strachan regularly turning up at SJP than treking down to Bournemouth every other week.

That and in 5 years time Bournemouth could be back in league one...and Newcastle might be top half of the prem so long term better prospects.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

:lol:

I'll call it now...Rafa gets Newcastle promoted they'll finish top half in their first prem season back....if he's still their manager for the full season.

Or Rafa sacked in March as although still favourites to go up the "amazing" Geordie fans petition to get rid as his football isn't the attacking "Newcastle way" and they are fed up of winning one nil

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

On Wjinaldum his stats were very impressive, 13 league goals from an ACM must be one of the highest in recent seasons...but am I right in saying that he didn't score a single time away from home in the league?

Part of the reason Newcastle went down was their abysmal away form. Where were Wjinaldum and Sissoko at VP when newcastle needed a goal, missing in action again.

Have to say Liverpool's transfer dealings have been very underwhelming so far, this must be some sort of Klopp masterplan I guess...

Seems you're right, they were all at home. Oddly, he seemed to score a lot of his goals against better sides. 11 goals though, not 13.

1 v Southampton
1 v Chelsea
4 v Norwich
1 v Liverpool
1 v West Ham
1 v Man U
2 v Spurs

Â