Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I still don't get the disappointment over Gayle.... they've just spent £10m on a player can't score in the PL.

I know they aren't in the PL but that is a lot to spend on a player who can't make the step up to the next level.

Personally I'm not bothered we weren't in for him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I still don't get the disappointment over Gayle.... they've just spent £10m on a player can't score in the PL.

I know they aren't in the PL but that is a lot to spend on a player who can't make the step up to the next level.

Personally I'm not bothered we weren't in for him.

That's not really relevant though is it? If he scores the goals in championship to get them promoted 10m is a snip and good team. Think he will score a lot of goals in championship to be honest.

them then they could sell him next summer to another championship club

9 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Newcastle fans site TheMag upto its old tricks again, copying and pasting VillaTalk comments is becoming a bit of an obsession! 

Pot kettle? 

Why are you even on a Newcastle site to know that? 

4 hours ago, useless said:

I get the feeling a lot Villa fans rate him highly because of the goal he scored against us a few Boxing days ago.

probably why we all rated Richardson too ;)

18 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Pot kettle? 

Why are you even on a Newcastle site to know that? 

Exactly what V01 says, articles from that site appear on newsnow when they include Aston Villa in the title. I tend to read most links from Newsnow so this was no different. I wouldn't normally take the time to comment but seen as they'd raided VT for their comments I thought I'd mention it. 

Richardon had just won Fulham's player of the year award. The mistake Villa made was using him as a full back. He was extrememly poor in that position for Fulham and only improved when they switched him into midfield. Not that I think he would have been a particularly good midfielder but he's better there than in defence.

Edited by useless
When I say improved, he went onto win their player ot year award.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That's not really relevant though is it? If he scores the goals in championship to get them promoted 10m is a snip and good team. Think he will score a lot of goals in championship to be honest.

them then they could sell him next summer to another championship club

Well that depends, if we can find someone who can do both then that's obviously better isn't it. However I see little in Gayle's career to date to suggest he will score a lot of goals.

Gayle showed a lot of promise at Peterbrough...6 goals in 20 games after Posh plucked him from non league I think.

At Palace he was in and out and never really trusted as a starter.

I just think he needs a run and he'll score goals.

Him and Mitrovic will certainly be live wires down there.

Rafa Benitez isnt really a manager to get the best out of strikers, except for Torres and maybe one season with Mista. Even Higuain got decent numbers under him yet got more this season than in 2 years combined under him

He will have Mitrovic playing the Kuyt role of patrolling the flank

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rafa Benitez isnt really a manager to get the best out of strikers, except for Torres and maybe one season with Mista. Even Higuain got decent numbers under him yet got more this season than in 2 years combined under him

He will have Mitrovic playing the Kuyt role of patrolling the flank

Could well be Gayle.

You want Mitrovic in the middle getting on the end of crosses. I know he's a mentalist and he missed some sitters in the prem but he still scored I think 11 last season so with weaker defences I can see him getting 20.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Well that depends, if we can find someone who can do both then that's obviously better isn't it. However I see little in Gayle's career to date to suggest he will score a lot of goals.

Will be interesting to see who we go for? I'd rather have ayew over gay le definitely though

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Will be interesting to see who we go for? I'd rather have ayew over gay le definitely though

I'd also point at Gestede's Championship goal scoring record compared to Gayle.

Dwight Gayle has about the same goal scoring ratio in his time at Palace as Gabby.

Newcastle just paid £10m for a guy who scored 15 goals in 64 games over 3 years, what am I missing that people are bothered about missing out on? Gestede scored 32 in 66 for Blackburn in the Championship.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Â